Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

So...

สวาสดีปีไหม่!!! Happy new year!

Oh my goodness, how time flies. I can't believe it is already 2011, that means I've almost been a missionary a year. Only 2 moves left until I'm halfway done. It goes by so fast. This move has definitely gone by faster than any of the other ones. I'm not sure why but it sure doesn't feel like it has been 6 weeks since I have come to Samut Prakan. I feel like my letters are going to just be awful for the rest of my mission, I just don't feel like I have any news to tell.

New Years in Thailand is a huge deal. In fact, so big that all the elders have to be home early. Everybody starts drinking at like 11am, by 3pm they are drunk and by 5pm they are partying, especially in Samut Prakan. This place is the worst place in the world when it comes to sin. Anyway, everybody drives cars and does stupid stuff when they are drunk so the elders where told to go home early. It was pretty cool because on that day we did switch offs with the zone leaders. That was way fun watching how the zone leader goes around inviting drunken people. We didn't get a whole lot done that day, but that is ok, it was still a fun day.

I really have no Idea what to write. I feel like this last week nothing happened. I feel like this is such a boring letter. Did you try the Tim Tam slam? How was it?

So this next week is going to be pretty interesting. I'm getting a new companion on Thursday. My companion has to work some stuff out at home so he is going back tomorrow or the next day, so I will be getting a new companion. I'm not exactly sure when, but that should be pretty interesting. He is a really good kid, and wants to serve, but he has some family issues that he has to take care of, I think he will be able to get back out and serve. Which would be pretty cool because by the time he comes back, I'll be close to finishing.

So yeah... it sounds like everything at home was good with New Years. That new screen looks way cool. It just can't get big enough for you guys can it? Maybe by the time I get home we will have something even bigger. It sounds like everyone is buying new Televisions! I miss football. I bet the super bowl is going to be sweet on that one. Better yet a Texas vs. BYU! Anyway I have a request, I want a book. I just got done talking to President Smith, and he said on p-days and in the extra time at night we can read other church books and what not; therefore, I would like a book from one of the apostles. Whichever one you think looks most interesting.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow dad. I sure hope your brain can figure it out. As for the movie I can't remember what it is, please let me know, this is going to kill me all week.

I love you all thank you for the love and support. I hope this letter doesn't leave you feeling empty. I'm sure in the future they will get better. มั้ง

No comments:

Post a Comment