Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10th Letter

Hey,

This week sounds like it was a good week, right? I'm glad everyone got all their doctor appointments out of the way. I was excited to here how dad’s eyes are doing. Although nobody let me in on what the movie was that was playing. Are you going to tell me? It has been killing me all week like I said it was.

I was also going to let you know about my special year - 20 on 20. How wicked is that? To bad it is just like every other day. Oh well I always find a way of making it special.

So I got a new companion. President Smith decided to move us on Tuesday morning at 9am, so Elder Devries only had an hour to prepare, but I stayed in the same area so it was no biggie. Anyway my new companions name is from Elder Merrill, he is from Kaysville. He went to Davis. His dad is a seminary teacher at Davis. He is exactly like Elder Blaustein. We have just been having a blast the last week. I thought it couldn't get any better than with Elder Blaustein, and then I got with Elder Merrill – it so refreshing. Elder Merrill has been here for 4 months now and he is a really smart kid. He can speak Thai pretty well, Way different from Elder Devries, and way more convenient too. Elder Devries had lots of issues. I felt really bad for him, he had lots of issues. He was suffering with depression and was struggling with faith in God. I think it all came from issues when he was a child. His goal is to just go home and get counseling and then get back out on a mission. Part of me thinks he is coming back, the other part is pretty sure he won't. Basically I don’t know, but I hope he does.

Anyway, this last week was pretty good. I played the game degraw twice this week. It is the game where you play volleyball with just your feet. OH BOY – I am converted. I love it. I am not going to lie to you, we are getting pretty good. If we just keep practicing we will be amazing in no time. Plus Thai people love it when they see two white people playing. They all believe that white people can't play anything but football, so we show them up. Some of these Thai guys are really wicked good.

As for missionary work, this week was fun. We found some sweet new investigators, and dropped some old investigators that weren't progressing. I'm not sure there was anything else, oh yeah, we are teaching these Vietnamese people who can't read Thai. We got them all books in Vietnamese so they can read along as we read it in Thai for them. It is way cool. This week we didn't have any baptisms, but I think there will be some coming up in a little bit, so that is something to look forward to.

Anyway I'm pretty excited to get a birthday package, and with cake too?. I hope it isn't bad by the time I get it. You both said that you hoped I didn't think you were weird so it has got to be exciting. Anyway I love you all. Have a good week. Be safe and good luck with work and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment