Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 17th Letter

Wassup family?

So guess what? This week was pretty sweet. Not a whole lot happened, just a lot of the same old missionary work, but it is so much fun. Yesterday we had a really sweet lesson. It went for more than 2 hours – it felt like forever. The cool thing is, my companion and I probably said 20 words the whole time. We took a member who taught everything, pretty much all the lessons. About half way through the lesson 7 more members came. These two people we were teaching are already Christian (which is so easy to teach by the way). Anyway, they were complaining how at their church everybody is so fake. They say they love you but never show it. Then all those members showed up to their house and you could really see that they felt loved, it was so cool. They have only been to church twice but everybody has already accepted them and is trying to befriend them. I don't know what happened but the branch finally figured it out. Sweet!

This last week our district also had their interviews with President Smith, which was fun. My interviews are always the most pathetic things. I walk in and he says, ‘Do you have any questions?” I usually say that I don’t and he says, “Okay, bye.” Luckily, this time I had a few so it wasn't so bad, but still really short. I guess that at least it indicates that I don't have any problems.

The movie this week is most definitely Valkarie – WAY EASY!! On the last movie I told my companion I thought it was Shooter but I couldn't be sure. When it was confirmed today my companion thought that was pretty cool.

I definitely am going to get those suits made. I am not sure if I am going to send them home or not, I will have to think about it. Today is going to be pretty sweet. One of our investigators is taking us to play hockey, REAL ice hockey – I am so excited. We are for sure going to be the two biggest guys on the ice. Plus this is a white man’s sport. I will let you know how that goes. If we end up getting pounded by a bunch of Asian kids I will feel retarded.

This next week could be cool, I don't know yet. We were told that there may be special trainings for three days, but it isn't for sure. I don't know how they can say that. How are we supposed to plan for the week when they tell us that it is a possibility that we could have three 8 hour trainings this week? A lot of our investigators will feel jipped if we end up having those, they won’t get to see us.

I didn't get that package yet. If I end up going up to those meetings I will grab it while I am up there, but if not maybe next Monday – we will see.

I am really excited for that screen to be done, I know that in another year it will be old news for you guys, but it is going to be brand new for me. So it will still be cool. I'm way sad I’m going to miss the Super Bowl. What a sad day, our branch president was really talking it up too. He likes watching American football so every time we have branch coordination with him he talks all about it – way sad. I really miss BYU basketball too. Ah... Jimmer is so cool. And He will be long gone by the time I get there, sick.

It sounds like the last week was hectic. And it sounds like the next week will be too. Now that the holidays are all over everything is back to normal. Back to work for another year.

Anyway I think that is all I have for today. I love you guys. Thanks for all your letters and love. Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like he is doing so good! I can't believe that he has been out almost a year! That is so crazy!!! I have not been on the blogs for a while, so I had tons of catch up reading to do. Kind of rude of his President to sit and talk about the super bowl! lol Poor elders. :)

    ReplyDelete