Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hi ya'll

Whew, this week has been a blast. It went by so fast. We had switch offs with the Zone Leaders, and the District Leader, it was pretty good. I had a kid named Elder Phan come to my area and I was with him. He is a really good missionary. We did some really sweet work together. It is fun to have them come down and show you how to work and what not, but sometimes it is really hard to be yourself. It seems like everything you do they are analyzing. I know I'm not a bad missionary so it isn't bad, but I’m just not as good as they are – yet. Missionary work is something that takes time and practice to perfect. The only way to learn is through experience, especially because my companion and I are pretty young in the mission. Usually people don't become senior companion in the mission until moves 8, so you have some time to learn a lot, but our whole mission is way young right now. A little interesting fact: Our other Zone Leader right now is Elder Mckonkie, yes he is the grandson of Elder Bruce R. Mckonkie.

So today I got my suits. They are pretty awesome looking. I am sending some pictures.

I haven't eaten the cheese cake, I wanted to do it with elder Merrill and we have just had a busy week, but this week we will try it. I totally have downed the whole box of crackers already the whole thing of big hunks, and started on the suckers. I sure do love that stuff. What I would do for a good American store in Thailand. I'm wicked sad about the Super Bowl. I don't care for either of those teams, so it doesn't really matter who wins or loses. What a waste of a year of perfectly good football. And then BYU has to go and lose basketball. It seems to be all bad news in the sports world, oh well. In two weeks we are having a sweet p-day. We will go play sports with everyone in our zone. So now I get to play with Elder McDonald again. I'm way stoked.

This week I’m pretty sure I broke one of the fillings in my teeth. I'm pretty upset about it because it doesn't feel the best. I was going to go find a dentist today but I may have to wait a week depending on how much time I have. I'll let you know how that one goes. It is a good thing that dentists here are pretty cheep. At least that is what I’ve heard.

So yes, that is about all the news I have. I figure this letter is way short so maybe I will tell you about one of the investigators we have. I think you might like that. His name is pie-tune He is 74 years old. His wife is a member. He has had some kind of stroke or something, but can't use half of his body. He can't walk, and can't use his right arm, and the truth is, his brain isn't all there either. He can't remember most of the things we have taught him, but the one thing he can remember is that he wants to be baptized. And that God is real. I'm not sure if we are going to be able to baptize him because we're not sure if he'll pass an interview. But he is the most openhearted person in the world. Anyway, yesterday he went to church, and my companion carried him inside, and then we pushed a couch into the sacrament room and then he sat on that for all three hours. Luckily they had classes in there the whole time. He loved it so much. I will get a picture of him next week.

Anyway, I love you guys. I'm grateful that I am your son. I hope you have a sweet week.

Love,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment