Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27th Letter

So it sounds like all is good at home. Everyone had such a good Christmas, that is nice to know. It sounds like your gifts are nice and entertaining, especially Maren’s gift to you. I thought you guys would be pretty surprised, but it is way cool huh. That one isn't even going to know I exist for the first year of its life. I say “it”, because they aren't going to find out what “it” is – WEIRD huh! Anyway there isn't a whole lot to talk about when it comes to Christmas here. We had that Christmas program I was telling you about. It was awful, I thought it was going to be good, but I was wrong. It didn't even make sense. Oh well it is Thailand, it isn't necessary. Other than that we didn't really do anything else. I got a peppermint milkshake though. I feel like those are pretty rare, but it was a nice taste of the Christmas season. I am pretty glad that I am all the way over here. Not to be rude or anything but I wasn't homesick at all.

We had a baptism on Sunday. It was ok, it is really kind of sad how they do things in this branch. When they sing songs or have speakers, they never prepare in advance. So they always just call them up on the spot. This means all the speakers just ramble about nothing, because they have no time to prepair. So in this เเวว's baptism, the speakers and songs and everything had nothing to do with baptism. It wasn't special at all. And then the guy who was baptizing her, put his hand behind her neck, instead of her back, so when she went under he couldn't pull her back up – way sad!!


Ok Tim Tam Slam directions:

1. Freeze Tim Tams (until frozen)
2. Poor milk/hot chocolate into a small bowl or mug.
3. Take the Tim Tams out of the freezer
4. Bite both ends of the Tim Tam. (they are shaped like a rectangle, so bite at both short ends. but take really thin bites)
5. Put one end of the Tim Tam in the milk and the other end in your mouth.
6. Suck (like a straw, milk should be going into your mouth)
7. Eat the Tim Tam (should be really delicious because there will be milk on the inside as well.)
8. จบ (finished, if desired, repeat)

So yeah... I don't have a whole lot to say because we talked a lot on Thursday. But thank you all so much for talking to me this week. I am sure my email next week will be more action packed – maybe. I love you. have a good week.

P.S. thanks for the pictures, they are exactly what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment