Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 7th Letter

Family, how is it going?

Boy have I got a funny story for you! So, last week I told you about an old guy that can't walk, well this week we had to help get him in a taxi and then get him to church and then help him get into church, right? So – anyway we get to his house and there is a little bit of slowness going on, and I’m not sure what exactly made it go slow. We were late getting to the church, about 2-3 minutes, anyway they had already started the meeting but when we got there they hadn't put the bench in the room yet. We were just going to sit him in the foyer and call it good, but a bunch of people saw us come in with him so they got up and started clearing out chairs to fit the bench, it was a huge interruption and way loud. We left the room because we had to change into our suits, which we leave at the church. When we got back into the room they had just finished the opening prayer and started announcing the meeting. The first thing they say is how grateful they are that a Seventy was able to come and visit today!!!!! Yes, the Area Seventy President decided to come to our branch on this particular Sunday. AWWWW – how awful! We felt like total losers. Oh well it was worth it because he will be saved in the long run.

Chris, Elder Merrill and pie-tune

This week was so much fun because we had Zone Conference. It was a really good one. พอดี We showed up a little late for that too, what slackers! Anyway, it was sweet because the president bought us all pizza after for lunch and then after that we had a big zone activity. We went to this place called the crocodile farm. It is supposed to be the biggest one in the world, I don't know; however, it was pretty cool. There was this one attraction where you can see tigers, and we are all sitting there looking at this big pen of tigers when Sister Smith (President’s wife) says "hey you guys look over there two of them are fighting!" We all look and it turns out that these two animals weren't fighting, they were mating. It was so funny! She was so embarrassed! I was laughing myself sick.

About that inside fish gut sauce you are talking about, It is called Bahla and yes, it is in a lot of Thai food, they love it here – everyone. It makes me laugh. But I kind of like it too. So I guess I must be weird.

I'm glad you liked the suits, way snazzy huh! No, the brown one is 4 buttons the grey one is a 3 buttons. But the Armani inside is uber cool huh? The super bowl sounds pretty fun. The down stairs seems like it is getting uber cool. I just can't wait to get home and play some Xbox on that giant screen, especially if you get those super comfortable chairs (jk). Is there a movie coming out that has George Clooney in it? I think I have seen some posters of him but I don't know why.
No, my companion is not a BYU fan. He is a Utah fan. But I think he knows that it is a big deal at our house so he doesn't talk about it very much. Although I think i might talk about it too much. I think 90 percent of the Elders in this mission are BYU fans. I am in good company.

Ok I hope you like the pictures, one is of picture of the old guy we carry, one is of a guy sticking his head in an crocks mouth.

Anyway I love you guys, thanks for the letters! Have a good week.

PS. Just in case you didn't get the other email, the two movies are -A Few Good Men and Walking Tall - piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment