Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30th Letter

Hello Family. So let me just start by telling you how great of a week I had, it was so sweet. No, we didn't have a baptism, but I did break twenty lessons. In fact I had twenty one. Maybe that isn't a big deal for some people, but this is the first time on my mission! It is so cool. I won't say it was easy, but it was definately worth it. Lets just see if I can do it two weeks running - I'll let you know.

Thanks for your advise dad. I've been meaning to go back and look through my journal to see how I felt or if I wrote any advice for my furture self; however, I haven't had time to go read previous days. Your advice reminds me a little of how I was feeling. I feel like this week was a lot more smooth. we are working really well together, I hope he feels the same way. I don't feel like I have any stories to tell from this week, except for one about the members around here, it was way sad. Yesterday at church the members decided to ask an investigator to leave the church. I know, how terrible is that. Elder Osborne and I left church a little early to go to another ward and watch a baptism with some investigators. After we left an investigator came to church, and the members told him to leave because he wouldn't understand everything that was going on in priesthood. I am actually pretty appalled. Who has the gall to tell someone to leave Christ's church. And on the same day we found out that one of our investigators who hates going to church hates it because the members told him he couldn't come if he wouldn't wear nice clothes - I wanted to murder somebody yesterday, and the Bishop is being kind of a bum and not meeting with me. I feel like the members around here have forgotten that this isn't their church, it is God's church. I have now had 5 investigators that don't want to be baptized because they either don't feel welcome at church, or the members have ridiculed them for being different. Very frustrating!!! Anyway, on a better note we had few really good spiritual lessons with people where I think they are more willing to go to church.

You asked about Brother Khay's talk during sacrament meeting, on the sacrament, it was really good. I am glad he is in our ward for now. He is a lot of fun too. It sounds like you guys had a sweet sacrament meeting. I wish I could of heard it.

I had a thought, I want you both to send me your favorite general authority talk. Lately people around the mission have been giving me their favorite talks from prophets and apostles. I have learned so much from reading them but I don't have any time to find good prophet talks. So instead people just give me the good ones they find.

The movies this week are National Treasure and Sahara and the theme is the buried boats. Yes finally I got one!!!!

Anyway, I wasn't exactly sure what you were talking about the paragraphs of lessons but if you want to send me stuff I am game for whatever.

Mom asked a question about Thai desserts and if they have rice - EVERYTHING HAS RICE!!! I can't escape it!!!

OK, well I love you guys. I know this letter seems a little down, but in all reality I am very happy, all in all this was a very good successful week - one of the best on my mission. You don't have to be worried about anything. Thanks for your letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment