Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6th Letter

Dear mom and dad,

Sorry but I have to start with this today - Movies, Shawshank Redemption and Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country. And in that particular Star Trek Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy are escaping from a prison, so the theme this week has got to be prison break, unless I am overthinking it again, but I think that has got to be right. Man those themes are hard. Uh,am I good or am I good?

Well you guys. It sounds like everything is going really well at home, and everyone had a good and relaxing holiday. I didn't even know that this week had a holiday, I feel so left out. You guys also saw more baptisms than i did this week. ouch!!! Just kidding I can't believe Katie is already 8. How old is Chris? It seems like yesterday when he was baptized.

This week at church went a little bit better then last week, we actually had members begging our investigators to stay for all three hours. I am not sure what has made them change their hearts but thank heavens they did it. Pres. Smith has told us just to make sure that every chance we get to teach members the doctrines of Christ. I think that is a good way to do it. I remember a quote by Boyd K. Packer that is in preach my gospel that says "The study of doctrine will change behavior faster than the study of behavior will change behavior." I agree and I think it is the best way to get people to change for the better. So we will try to introduce gospel doctrine all the time.

Other than that this week has been a pretty solid one. We have just been teaching a lot. It seems like we haven't even had anytime to invite, but somehow we have found a lot of new investigatorsa and that is very nice. You always need new investigators whether or not you already have a lot. This week I went and did a switch off with Elder Shipley so that meant Elder Osborne was with a an elder from Thailand. who doesn't speak english. It was so good for him. He took care of the area by himself and he was taking that other elder all around. It was a good learing experience for him. He is doing really well. I feel like he is progressing faster then I did, I guess that is the plan, right?

Well I'm not sure what else to write about. As soon as I send this email I am going to send mail, so I will put that memory card in there. I feel like you guys will be able to wait 2 weeks for pictures, okay?

I also have some doctrinal questions, maybe you can help me find the answers. I have been trying to figure out the 12 tribes of Israel. I guess I just don't understand the significance of it all. They are talked about all over the Book of Mormon, but I have never really asked myself why. I know that Ephraim has the special calling of the restoration, and Judah of course with Christ and being the chosen and all that good stuff, but I don't understand what all the others are about. Could you help find me some answers, or tell me what you guys know. I plan on studying it more but i figure I could use all the help I can get.

Anyway I love you guys. Have a great week.

P.S. I don't know who those two people are on facebook, so probably not accepting them is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment