Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 23rd

Sup mom and dad,

I'll start with the questions. Things with Elder Osborne are great. We are still getting used to how he and I working together. It is the same as it is with any companionship, it takes about a week to figure out how the other teaches. It is always a new adventure in missionary work, but I have already been with Elder Devries, so the fact that he is able to speak isn't that big of a shock because neither could Devries. The thing that is different is that he isn't yet into a habit of doing other missionary things like planning and inviting and just the menial things that we do all day every day. He is a really good kid, he wants to do it all.

No we have not had the eggs yet nor the dancing shrimp. I am looking for some things for him to eat that are weird. We are getting there. There are a lot of things that are kind of expected of me to give him, like a Tim Tam Slam. The first time we had time for that was on Saturday. So I'm working on giving him all the fun stuff. On P-days we haven't done anything fun, we just sit at home. Next week we are going to go get some souvenirs for him to send home, but this week we are king of just hanging out because at 4:30 today we are doing switch offs with the zone leaders; therefore, our p-day is cut short a little bit.

In our district there are 6 people, and right now there are three greenies and three trainers – Elder Shipley, Sister Harris. (she was the tall sister in my district in the MTC), and I. But yeah, it is the youngest district in the mission. Surprisingly we are having some really great results. All of the "LOOGS" want to work really hard, so it is going really good. As for me, my responsibilities don't change much. I'm just a middle man between the Zone Leaders and the missionaries in the district. That is pretty much it in a nut shell.

This week was so much fun. I have a story about an investigator. We have an investigator that we are teaching, his name is Prajak. His wife is a member, so she wants us to teach him, but he is really hard headed. He didn't want to learn at first. With other elders he wouldn't even sit down, but every time we come over he sits down with us and now he will read out of the scriptures and even prays with us – It is so cool. He always tells us how he is not going to change his life, but every time we see him his life is changing. I don't even think he recognizes it yet, but I think he is going to be baptized in no time.

The movies this week are James Bond (Goldfinger) and Thomas Crown Affair (I got it right the second time). I want to say the theme is stealing stuff, but that would be the same as last time. So maybe Peirce Brosnan, or is it something really weird that I don't even know.

Innnyways, I love you guys and thanks for your emails. That is so cool that Ryan gets home next week. Man how time flies. I was just thinking about him the other day. and Kasey is getting married in a few weeks or what not. I am going to have no friends when I get home. Sad... I guess I will just be hanging out with you two all the time. โชกดี

Anyway, have a good week – talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment