Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16th Letter

Howdy

What is happening? So this week has been pretty exciting, I got my new companion on Thursday. His name is Elder Osborne. He is from Corpus Christi, Texas. He is such a sweet guy. Man, I have been blessed time after time to get some really sweet companions. Elder Osborne just came into the country, I'm his trainer! How cool is that? I was also asked to be District Leader this moves. That doesn't really change anything, but it is kind of cool to get a calling. Elder Osborne has 5 siblings, he is the oldest. His dad is a physical therapist. He is way good at being a missionary. He wants to work hard which is so nice. Not that my other companions haven't, I just feel like he really does. I think I will be with him for 12 weeks just because I'm training him. President Smith will try and keep us together for a while. You guys will have to write Elder Greene on face book and tell him that I have a LOOG! He will be happy to know that his blood line continues on.

So I'm sending some pictures. They are of Elder King and me. I thought you guys would like to see more pictures of us together. One is with us and Dan. I'm not sure if you know about Dan or not. Every week we go and see Dan as service, he is handicapped. He had an accident playing sports and he hit his head and ever since then he has been handicapped. His dad is the head of the Foreign Affairs department at the government. One day President Hinckley came and visited Thailand and spoke with this man (head of Foreign Affairs). He told President Hinckley that as long as you have two elders visit my son the church can have 100 visas in Thailand. The elders started visiting him every week so that we can have visas, but now we do it because we love him. Anyway, this picture is of him. He is really sweet. He speaks English perfectly. He just can't do anything on his own.




The other pictures are of a member. His name is Brother Max. He is in the military, but he is preparing to be a missionary. I think he will be one by the time I will leave. Maybe one day I can train him too.



The Movies this week are easy, I think. Last week, I was going to guess the Thomas Crown Affair, but I just wasn't sure so I didn't guess it. But this week it is Charade or The Truth about Charlie I can't remember which is the remake, and the other one is SWAT. The theme would have to be guarding prisoners... right?

So I met a pretty sweet new investigator this last week. Her name is Dto. She is a sibling of one of the senior couples in Thailand. Their names are Elder and Sister Saengsawaans. They gave us the referral, which was really cool. This lady is high up in the government, and she is uber rich, and we get to teach her. She really wants to help the church get popular here. She says she is going to help publicize the church, and in the meantime – I am going to convert her, with some help from the Spirit. She came to church for the first time yesterday, and she really liked it. I really think the church is starting to make strides in Thailand, which is so cool.

Anyway thanks for writing me. I hope you all have a great week. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment