Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 2nd Letter

Alright I just have to say the movie first because I feel like it was uber hard but, I still think I got it. James Bond right?

Alright guys, this week has been a long one. Elder King had some problems that he needed to take care of at home so he has gone home. I feel like whatever it was had really made him feel guilty so he didn't like to talk about his past very much, Or a lot about his life at home because it made him feel guilty. But yeah, he went home on Wednesday. That means for me, there isn't an extra missionary here to be my companion. So they sent me to a place called Bang Khae for a week before we get some new missionaries in. It has really been hard to stay focused. Right now it is our responsibility to take care of both areas. But my area is pretty far away, so it is really hard to go back and forth. My area has pretty much just gotten the shaft. None of the investigators we had are being taught, I'm scared they are going to forget or just lose a will to learn. This is really sad to me, but it is ok, it is only temperary. This week at church though I got 7 investigators to church in Thonburi. It was the highest it has been since I came here. I was really excited about that.

Anyway so right now I'm with Elder Shipley and Elder Theerapong. It is pretty adventurous. I guess it is a pretty cool experience to be with two other people. I feel like it is so much less effective in doing the work though. I always just feel like i'm sitting there watching them do things because they already have this pattern and what not. Every companionship does things just a little bit different. I feel like I don't know exactly how they work yet. By the time I figure it out I will be back in my area with a new companion.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going great at home, like with work and with the house and what not. I'm just pretty sure that I will not have any Idea what house is ours when I get back. It sounds so different. EVERYTHING.

Well yesterday was pretty cool. We had a special fireside that was put on by the BYU ballroom dance team. (they came to do a tour through Thailand for the next two weeks) But They decided to have a little fireside that people could go to and take investigators. We decided to take some there. It was way cool they had 4 people give talks. One gave it on the love of God (Super boring!). The second was on service (it was a women speaker and all she could talk about was dance). Then the next was an awesome talk. It was by a kid who seved a mission in Europe somewhere. He talked about how he had a lot of inviting this one transfer, and it was during the winter so it was super cold. On one occasion he prayed and had a feeling that if he had faith his inviting would be successful. Then it was successful for a minute and then not again. But then he said how he learned so much through the moments that weren't successful, and how if we have faith all of our trials will be a growing experience. I thought it was very good and inspirational.

Anyway that is pretty much all I have for this week. Next week at 8 oclock is fine.

I love you guys. Thanks for you emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment