Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Mom and Dad +family

This week has been pretty good, really fast though. Not too much has happened. We have just been doing the work that is missionary work. I have a feeling that the next few weeks are going to be a little longer. We have seen a lot of our progressing investigators stop progressing and pretty much quit, way sad!!! Three of the people here that had answers to their prayers and accepted baptismal dates have just stopped learning. They seem like they have no will to go any further, it is too bad. But that is ok because no we have a lot more time for finding new investigators (families) to baptize.

Right now we have one lady that has a baptismal date. She is such a nice lady. She is 43 years old, she is quiet and I feel like she is just lonely, but she is so ready to be baptized. In all honesty I wanted to get her baptized yesterday because she is ready, but we are going to let her wait a week or two to firm up her testimony. I feel like she will be the next one baptized in this area. I really like this area, I haven't really learned how to do street contacting here yet though. In Samut Prakaan it is very different, everyone lives in houses and you just invite in neighborhoods all day. Frankly, it is very easy. That is probably why that area is doing so well. Here in Thonburi you have to invite really fast and it is usually to people who are working or what not. I still feel like I have a long way to grow. Other than that the area is very cool. The city is very busy and huge, sometimes I still get turned around. It all looks the same to me, but then again I've only been here for 3 weeks. I'm sure after 5 months it will all be familiar. A lot of people here are well off when it comes to money, so that also changes how we need to invite. Missionary work is so much fun. It is so simple yet sometimes so difficult. If you just listen to the Spirit on everything, if you are guided by the spirit 100 percent of the time, everything goes so smoothly. Unfortunately, I let the natural man get in the way. I love how easy it is to recognize when you are doing what the Spirit is telling you to do. You can totally tell a difference from when you are not.

My companion in those pictures is the tall one with the green shirt. I don't know that much about him to be honest. He is just a really nice guy, and very easy to get along with. Neither of us have talked about our background very much. I know he ran track in high school, and I know that he did wrestling too, but that is pretty much all I know about him. We get along just fine, we seem to just talk about what is going on around us. The one picture that is just two of us is Elder Shipley (yellow shirt). He was in the group under me in the MTC. But yeah those shirts are what most people wear around Songkran. I know it looks like only the white missionaries wear them but really the Thai's do too, and it is very convenient, you just buy them on the side of the road for like 150 baht, 5 bucks. And no, my garments will never be white again. Neither will the shirts that I wore for those two days either. But that is ok, I don't need anything special and will wear off white shirts – whatever.

This week I got Judd’s package and TJ’s package. Tell Judd and Jessie thanks for me, would you? TJ sent me a shirt from off the military base he was serving. He said it looked manly and he thought I would like it. It was really nice of him.

Alright movies. I want to say:

How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
U.S. Marshals
And the one with Morgan Freeman I have no idea. Are you sure I've seen it.

This is the number you guys will call me on. They want you to call on your Mother’s Day because that will be my p-day. I don't know what time you will want to call. I'm not sure if everyone will come over this time or not. Maren and Andy may need to be at Farr’s for TJ's phone call so just let me know next week what time you think would be convenient to call. We wake up at six in the morning so anytime after that will be good. Just let me know next week.

This week I don't have any time to write my siblings, so sorry. Tell everyone happy Easter for me, and tell Andy that I said congratulations and I'm proud of him.

And mom, this week I got all of your letters, sent from the i-pad and the computer, so whatever you did, it worked.

I love you guys. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment