Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13 Letter

Hello family! And Merry Christmas – Almost!

This week was very fun. It was the Bangkok Thailand Stake's Christmas program. And because we had tons of investigators that wanted to go, we had the opportunity to go also – it was so sweet. It was a play that was all in Thai, but the singing was all in English. This way they could sing a wider variety of songs, it was amazing. I took a couple videos of it, but I’m not sure how good they ended up being. I am absolutely shocked how many people in this Stake speak English – EVERYONE! It is amazing. I don't think there is one person in the Stake that isn't bilingual. The program was a very fun time. Way better than any of the programs I’ve ever been to in America. Sad HUH!? But I knew that this year was going to be a little different when I heard it was Joseph and Maly.

Other than the program this week was pretty normal (Just teaching and inviting and what not). We did have that family get baptized, I absolutely love them, they are an amazing family. I taught them a little bit. Not really any of the lessons, but we went and taught them a bunch of times before they got baptized and I got to share with them my favorite scriptures and what not. It was a way good time. I know they are going to be so good for the church here. From the time they started learning to the time they got baptized was only 6 weeks. They were prepared beforehand. They are just proof that God prepares people without them even knowing it.

We have another baptism planned on the 26. But I will tell you more about her on a later date. I'm sure we will have lots of time to talk about that.

So today was pretty cool. We went to this place called ประตูน้ำ "Pratu Nam" It is just a market place you can go shopping and what not. We just went and looked around though. But we went around and priced out suits. It is so cheap. I was thinking about buying a suit while I am in Samut Prakaan because I may be moved out of Bangkok and never return, and they are so cheap here. I was also thinking that I might get two suits here - let me know what you think. But I talked this one guy down to making me 2 suits for 10000 baht, which is 350 dollars, but one is a completely cashmere suit and the other silk, so that is about the price. Everybody I looked at could get me a suit for less then 5000 baht but most weren't as nice of a quality as his. They will even customize the lining for me and write my name on the inside. It was pretty cool to be waited on hand and foot.

My companion today had to go have an interview with President Smith. He has really been struggling here in the country. He is really homesick and he really disliked his trainer, so he was just about ready to go home at the end of last moves. But I think he is doing a lot better now. He seems to be having a much more fun time, which is good. I always figure if you aren't having fun you are doing something wrong. Missionary work isn't necessarily supposed to be Un-fun. You just have to learn to love to do missionary work. I think it is hard for everybody at first but you eventually fall into the grove of things. Anyway, we had to go to the office to do it, so I got my packages today from Judd and Jessie and from Aunt Leslee. It was so awesome. I haven't opened Judd’s and Jessie’s yet but Les sent me all of my favorite candy! I can't wait to dig in.

Ok so about the phone call. I was thinking about having you call on Christmas Eve - I know not good but let me tell you why. My Christmas night which is your Christmas morning, I have a Christmas party for the branch that we get to go to, and your Christmas night which is my 26th morning, I have church. So the only time I think would work is my Christmas morning which is your Christmas Eve. Let me know what you think. I will give you exact times and all next week and I will also talk to my companion about calling home the night before and planning it all out, that sounds like a good Idea, but you guys think about it to and tell me what you think.

Our phone number is ***-***-**** I don't know what the country code is and what not so you will have to figure that all out.

Anyway, I love you all. Have a good week.

Ps. I sent my memory card home with 1000 pictures on it; you should get it this week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment