Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 6th Letter

Hello mom and dad,

Ok, this week was so so so much better then last week. First of all I learned the area. I think it is the fastest anybody has ever learned an area so big but I got it done. This city is outrageous. I have a constant headache because of all the smog. It is worse the Salt Lake if that tells you anything, but I still really like it. It is fun to be in a little bit bigger area. There are always people to talk to; however, everyone is always in a rush. I'm not used to contacting people while they are in a hurry, everybody in Nong Khai is always so relaxed. So this will be a learning experience, expanding my knowledge of missionary work.

I'm really excited for TJ. He is going to love being a missionary so much! I am pretty sure it'll be a breeze for him. It makes me sad that some people struggle. I think the hardest part really is the MTC. Once you get out and get to see people's lives change it is such a blessing. In fact we had 3 baptisms on Sunday; they are the greatest family in the
world!!! Their names are Su, Wang and Baylay. (I know, very Asian names), but they seriously were ready for baptism before the Elders even met them. They were only taught for 6 weeks before baptism, how amazing is that?

We also have a lot of sweet investigators. This week we had a total of 9 at church, and we taught 18 lessons. We are so close to 20 I can feel it, but 6 of them have a baptismal date in the next two months. One has read the Book of Mormon already and her daughter started reading 4 days ago and is already through Alma. Another investigator has a goal to finish it before Christmas, and we gave her a baptismal date yesterday for the 26th of this month. They are so cool!

The branch is pretty good. A couple people are jazzed up about missionary work right now, which makes it really easy to do. It is also a much bigger branch, about 70 to 80 people going weekly (twice the size of Nong Khai). And it is run under the Stake not the Mission President which is a little different. But that is ok. It helps make sure things are being done the right way.

Today was uber cool too. We went to a thing called Safari World, it was so awesome!!! They train animals to do crazy things, like boxing monkeys. I also got picked up by the trunk of an elephant. I took a lot of videos and pictures. Again, it is way cool. I need to send this memory card home. I have over a 1000 pictures or videos. I really want you guys to see this stuff.

As for your questions, I don't know about the Christmas phone call yet. I know that you guys will probably call me on your Christmas. I will let you know the exact details maybe next week. President said (last time) that phone calls didn't have to have a time limit as long as it wasn't unreasonable, but I will talk more about that next week.

I could use some deodorant. I'm not out, but better to be full instead of running out half way through a moves. But that is all. I also want you to send me that memory card back. I think I will send you a letter with my memory card this week. That way I don't have to send a lot of pictures over the internet.

I love you all very much. I hope you are having a great week. I hope the clam chowder party is as fun as ever. Dad Happy Thai Father's Day today, and mom happy Thai Mothers Day in another 8 months

1 comment:

  1. this letter is incredible. one of the best ones yet. i am so happy! i love you christian!

    ReplyDelete