Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 20th Letter

Mom and Dad,

So there has been a change, this is the number you have to call to get a hold of me, 011-66-8*-***-****. It is our cell phone, I'm not sure about the whole calling us thing, you can give it a try. We may actually have to change the day when you will call because we are going to have a Baptism on Saturday morning, so now Saturday doesn't work at all. So you may actually have to call me on my 24th which would be your 23rd. This may also be a problem because we are having switch offs with the zone leaders at some point this week, it might be that day. You may have to call after Christmas, I don't know yet. There is just so much going on this week! We are going to do the whole pay phone thing to tell you. I'm not sure how this is going to work out because my companion’s family is all separated so he is going to have like 15 phone calls. I think I might want to get mine out of the way first. But nothing is sure yet.

Not only do we have a baptism on Christmas we also have one on the 26th and 27th. 3 people total, I'm way excited. The two that are getting baptized on Christmas are a mom and a daughter. Their names are Gade and Mai (said like "my"). These two are the coolest in the world. They are the mother and daughter who finished the Book of Mormon already. I have been pushing for a date with them for a while now, and finally we were like, just pray about next month, and come back and tell us a date. When we went to see what she thought, her answer was the 25th of this month – So cool! I want Maren to meet these two so badly! These two remind me of the Gilmore girls, no lie. The mother is kind of ditzy and the daughter is always making fun of her. They always say the word cute! When we talk about the prophet or temples or anything she is always calling them cute. There was this one time when this old 70 year old man was helping us teach them, and when she prayed to close the lesson she asked god to help keep the old cute guy safe. It was so funny. But it is so sad, because my companion can’t understand everything yet, so when she says this stuff, I start to laugh but everyone else is serious so I look like a total idiot. But it is ok.

The other person that is getting baptized is a friend of a girl that was baptized right before I came to this area, she is way cool too. When I first came she said that she was about 50 percent sure that there was a God, and now she has the greatest testimony. When we asked her to get baptized on the 26th she sat there for a second in silence and then was like absolutely. Way cool.

Other than those things everything is about the same here. The last few days have been very cold. I think it is because the winds are coming up off the ocean so it has been pretty chilly. I like it, except, when I shower in the morning, I almost freeze to death. The heaters in our showers aren't the best.

Anyway I think that is everything. I hope you guys have a good week. I will give you a call sometime this week and let you know when to call.

I love you guys.

Love,
Elder Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment