Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, April 4, 2011

March 4th Letter

Dearest mom and dad,


How was conference? I haven't had an opportunity to watch it because it is a week behind here, due to translating. Because of this I will start watching it next Saturday at 10am, I really can't wait. I love listening to the prophets so much. I am especially happy this time because I will be able to understand what they are saying. Last time was not quite up to par; however, this time it will be so nice.


I guess you are probably wondering where I am. I moved to a place called Thonburi. I love it here so much. It is in Bangkok, but kind of on the west side. It is a ward, and it has a real church, my first of both. I think the members here really like me. I'm the oldest elder that has served here in the last 6 months, so they were pretty shocked that I could speak Thai. I seemed to impress everyone; however, the bar was set so low for me. This is a great blessing. This ward is really struggling though. They only had 33 people at church yesterday. That is less then Nong Khai. Apparently Thonburi has been split twice, and after the last one a bunch of people fell away and it just really hurt this ward; however, the members who do go to church are so strong and so great. There are about 5 families that are holding this place together. I really am excited to serve here. I feel like maybe I can help this place.


My new companions name is Elder King. He was Elder Merrill’s favorite person in his MTC district. We get along great. I really do love this kid so much. He will probably end up being my favorite that I'll have. He is such a Christ like person, and funny too. He just makes me laugh all day long. He is optimistic all the time which really helps everything go by easier. He is from Mesa, Arizona. As I look back I have been blessed with some really great companions. Even Elder Nelsen was good for me I. I guess sometimes we just need to be away from someone to see the blessing they have been on your life.


Just to help clear up for mom, I had a cute family of two in Nong Khai and those are the only two that were baptized, Yoo (husband) and Jid (wife). Then my second week in Samut Prakaan I baptized a family of three, Su (wife) and Wang (husband) and Baylay (17 year old son). Then just 3 weeks ago I baptized that other family of three, Rin (wife) and Neroot (husband) and Spy (little girl). Then you guys should know the next four. As for last names they do have them, but They are uber difficult. I'm not actually giving you their real names. They have first and last names but they are hard and long so every Thai person has a nickname given by the parents also. This makes it so much easier.


I will think about doing that thing with my testimony; however, typing it on the computer would probably take the whole hour because typing in Thai is not the same as English. It might take a very long time. But i will think about what I can do.


The movies this week are Weekend at Bernie’s and I think you have stumped me again. I recognize it but I cannot remember the movie. SO Sad!!! Anyway.


I love you guys and hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment