Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy New Year



Hey family, what’s crackin?

It sounds like this last week has been pretty intense. I can't believe that the house flooded. How terrible is that? And, the snow hasn't even started melting yet. I hope it doesn't happen all over again. Maybe you should prepare beforehand this time. I'm really glad you decided to make the right choice by the way. That would have been terrible having to live with a lie forever. How crazy is that about TJ?!? What a sweet adventure, man talk about intense. I'll bet he is loving being MR save everybody. That is a sweet experience that he will get to remember. I haven't gotten any packages, but that doesn't mean it isn't in Thailand, I'm sure it is here, I just have to go and get it. I will try and find out soon.

Ok, as for my sweet holiday. IT WAS CRAZY!!! I swear I have never been so wet for so long in my life. I have also never been touched so much. The main point of the water fight is to get people wet, but they also have this stuff called Bang. It is like gold bond but thick and mixed with water (kind of like putty). Anyway, everyone wants to cover you in it so they are always touching you to put it on. I swear I was probably touched by 2 thousand people last week, it was outrageous. It was 3 days straight of being soaked to the bone. SO MUCH WATER! I can't even explain it. But it was also dirty. They were using water from right out of the swamps so the clothes I was wearing for those three days got pretty dirty. You should see the garments. They have completely changed colors. Way crazy, but way cool. For the three days that everyone was playing Songran hard they changed our schedule to go inside early. We were supposed to be in by 6 o’clock (due to drunken people). Because we had to be in early my companion and I made balls of this bang stuff and threw it out of our window at people that were playing on the street below us, it was way funny. They had no idea were they were being hit from.

My new area is sweet. It isn't as big as my last area but there are a lot of people here because it is in Bangkok. Our area is pretty much just one very long street, probably 5+ miles long. There are just so many people because everyone lives in apartments. Our church building is actually the very first in Thailand. This is pretty much where the church started in Thailand. It is a lot cleaner environment here (physically and morally).

The guy you talked to on face book never gave me a hug, but he did talk to me about talking to you so I called it good. He actually served a mission in Salt Lake – did you know that?

The movies this week are House Bunny and He’s Just Not that Into You. I think you are getting soft on me. They seem to be getting easier and easier.

Mom you didn't send a letter this week. I was just curious to know if you opened the package or not.

These pictures are just of us playing water. The white stuff on our faces is Bang. I tried to get pictures that showed the amount of people playing also. The two of the city were taken from our room. We are on the 13th floor of our building. It was so cool throwing those things out the windows. We also have a pretty sweet view of all Bangkok. I hope you enjoy.

I love you guys thanks for your letters. Have a great week.

p.s. I totally thought of something I could use. DayQuil and NyQuil My companion and I were so sick last week I really wished I had some, and you cannot buy that here. So if you could send some that would be sweet. I'll be prepared for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment