Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7th Letter

So Family,

It sounds like from your letters that your week was about as short as mine. Seriously, this week I felt like we skipped a bunch of days. I just can't believe how fast time flies – every day!!! I wish I had some really sweet stories to tell from this week, but there just isn't a whole lot. We had a sweet week when it comes to missionary work. We had a bunch of new investigators start learning. It seemed like every day new people were letting us come into their house to teach them, that is WAY AWESOME. We even had this one lady who called us up, and was like “I want to learn about the gospel.” She said that she was having some problems with her teenagers and she thought that learning about Jesus would help her. I love that because she was a lady who in the past had come to learn English with the elders and then when she started to have concerns and what not in her life, the seed (of faith) was there. She knew she needed to turn to Christ for help. So awesome!!! It also helped that the spirit was also really strong when we taught her, and she felt so good. You could just tell that she was filling the confirmation of the Holy Ghost that the gospel is true, such a cool experience. I guess that is a testimony that if you are working your hardest you don't even need to leave your house to find people. God can pick up the rest.

Another cool lesson we had was with Pawn (the lady who had a vision). This week she invited her daughter and two grandchildren to start learning too! Oh my gosh, it is the best family in the whole wide world – I’m not even lying. Pawn’s daughter has been introduced to baptism by two different churches, and both times she refused. As soon as we taught her about baptism she said, "I know that God has helped me wait to get baptized here, where it is real!" How cool is that? I'm not sure if you guys know this, but that is not a normal response! Holy cow these people have just been so prepared. If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would be teaching people like this, I would have told you that you were crazy! It is an absolute miracle.

As for some of the cool mundane information, I forgot to take pictures last week so I will do it today. But I can tell you a little bit about our church. It is so weird. We are still in a rented building. We don't have a real church yet. This building is 5 stories tall, and two rooms wide. (it is really difficult to describe so I will take pictures of it too). The chapel is on the first floor, it is shaped like Utah, just upside down. And it has a support beam right in front of the speaker – so funny! The second hour of church, everybody except for gospel doctrine class goes up to the 4th floor (no elevator), it is quite a hike. The third hour of church, women are in the chapel and men are on the 3rd floor. The 2nd floor is a regular floor, but somebody added about 3 extra feel to the ceiling of the chapel so really the 2n'd floor is a 2/3s floor so nobody use it. Too funny huh!

The movies this week are Failure to Launch and Star Trek. I can't figure out which one was supposed to be hard. JK - Man I miss Star Trek so much. I can't believe it has been so long since I've seen it, but I'm hoping they will be coming out with another one by the time I get home. That Temple trip was awfully sweet too. It has been a while since I have thought about that. I can't wait to be able to go to the temple again. Thanks for sending another package. I will probably get it in three weeks at transfers meeting.

I love you guys. I am grateful for your support every week. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment