Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21st Letter

Hey mom and dad,

So I guess I will just start by telling you about the baptisms. They were so sweet. We had three people that got baptized on the 19th, a cute little family. They were so excited. It was on a Saturday which usually isn't the best idea because a lot of the members won't come. Usually they are on Sunday and everybody is already at church so they stay for the baptism; however, on Saturday we had a pretty good turnout. About 15 people came to see this family get baptized. It was a really good experience for them! They really felt good and when they bore their testimonies you could really feel their conversion, the Spirit was so strong. I hope they never forget how they felt that day. T hen surprisingly enough, we had two other baptisms on Sunday. We had only planned on having one, but we surprised ourselves and got another one. We baptized Pawn, she really is the most incredible investigator. She keeps surprising us at how strong she is. I have no doubt in my mind that she will stay strong forever. She keeps seeing miracles in her life, especially since she started taking the lessons. She was interviewed on Tuesday but the district leader asked her to meet with a member of the mission presidency on Wednesday. It was so good. I think it really helped her feel that she had repented and that she was worthy to get baptized. I'm very grateful for her. She has also brought all of her family in to learn too. WAY GOOD!!! Right after Pawn was baptized we baptized Pietune. Remember, he is the guy who is paralyzed on his right side. That was an interesting experience. We had 2 people stand in the water. One held him and the other was the person who baptized him. It was a really cool experience to be able to do that!

Sorry that last week my letter was short. I'm always looking for more things to tell you guys, but some weeks are just more boring than other weeks. This week was kind of exciting though. The weather in Thailand has been a little messed up for some reason. This past week was the coldest week since I’ve been in Thailand, and it is the hot season. I think it has something to do with the natural disasters that happened. Anyway, it rained one night all night long, and when we woke up Samut Prakaan had been flooded – I’m not even lying. Every street had tons of water. It was absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe how flooded it was. I'm still a little surprised by it. Anyway, after that it was way cold for a couple of days but now it is back to hot all the time – Pretty cool though.

The next transfers is in a week from Thursday. I think I will probably be the one moving because I have been here for 3 transfers already, but nothing is for sure. We know that one of us has to move because nobody stays together for more than 2 transfers. I'm pretty excited to see what is going to happen.

These are the pictures of the baptism; the first is of Peitune and his wife. They are just cute, and now both are members. The second picture is of the family that got baptized on Saturday. The little girl is so cute, huh?! And the third is of Pawn, she is the one in white, and the rest of people are family members. The family members will be getting baptized in the next few weeks. I think I might not be here to see it. (tear)




Hey I wanted to ask you guys for some experiences, about keeping the commandments. Like specific instances in where you kept a commandment and saw it bless your lives (for instance; Sabbath Day, Tithing, Word of Wisdom, or anything).

The movies this week are Transformers, I think, and I was also thinking Jumper, but I'm not for sure on either of them. These were hard.

Anyway, I love you guys. Have a great week.

PS.
1. I was baptized by jimmersion.
2. I still haven't received the last package you sent.
3. I have made it a full year.

No comments:

Post a Comment