Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28th Letter

Ok family,

This week was uber sweet. So on Tuesday morning we had a surprise. Our zone leaders showed up unannounced. They decided to do some special training and what not. Apparently President Smith has decided to start up this knew thing that leaders are to surprise visit people and then either switch off or train them how to be better. We were his guinea pigs or something like that. Anyway, we stayed inside and learned from them all day. It was way useful. At first I felt like it was a waste of time, but then after that day everything just started to be really great, not that it wasn't pretty good before; however, since then it has just gotten better. It was nice to learn from some of the guys who are about to go home about what they wish they would have done their entire mission. This week we have seen a lot of progression in our investigators and in our area. It’s going pretty great.

Yesterday we took 4 of our investigators to see a baptism in Bang Na. It was so awesome. It got all of them really pumped to be baptized. One of them, after we walked out of the church, was like, "That was so spiritual, when I get baptized I know I am going to cry!" I took it to be a good thing. But she is way jazzed about being baptized. We also took that family of 3 to see it. Turns out they have been waiting a long time to see one and want to be baptized way bad. They are so cool. Anyway that is some of the cool things that happened this week.

Something else is cool starting tomorrow – we start studying in the afternoon. This is now “Hot Season,” and I mean HOT!!! During the middle of the day it is really hard to work hard. Also, Thai people don't really like to be out during those hours anyway, it just gets so hot. So now we will study during those hours. This will make it so we will be out during the cool parts of the days. AKA the "still hot, but not as hot!" part of the day.

I was just thinking, if you haven't sent that package yet, there are some things I would like, 1) fireballs and 2) deodorant. I think fireballs would be funny to give to people because they find them very spicy! They are not accustomed to cinnamon spice.

The movie this week is pretty difficult. I want to say The Guardian, but I am also thinking Annapolis. I can't decide. I think I am leaning towards The Guardian – let me know.

Mom, you asked for some mundane knowledge of my life in Samut Prakaan. Our house is terrible; we have mice, other rodents, and tons of cockroaches. We live far from the church and far from and inviting places. Nobody knows the name of our street so we always have to describe how to get there for the taxi drivers. But I figure it is the perfect house for two young missionaries! I'm not sure if I have told you or not, but we don't ride bikes very often. That is a nice thing about Samut Prakaan, but I kind of miss riding around.

Anyway, I love you guys. I am grateful for your love and support. You have been good examples to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment