Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14th Letter

Dearest family,

So I have some pretty great news from this week. We had our family of three get interviewed for baptism yesterday, and they passed. It was pretty awesome! They have decided to get baptized on Saturday and then get confirmed on Sunday. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but they can't be baptized and confirmed on the same day, but they want to get confirmed in the same week, so they decided to get baptized on Saturday. This is so exciting. Pawn isn't getting interviewed until tomorrow, but she will pass with flying colors, so that is no biggie. She wants to get baptized on Sunday so we will have baptisms on both Saturday and Sunday. I'll let you know next week if everything went smoothly or not, but I'm pretty sure it will.

It was also cool that this week we found a new family that we started teaching. It is this lady (her name is Mee) that comes from a Muslim background, but she married into Buddhism so has just considered herself a Buddhist. I don't think I have ever met someone who looks as sad as she looks. I think it is because she has no hope in her life, but when we teach her she brightens up. I don't know what it is, but she listens so intently. She is kind of slow to understand, but she wants to know. Her husband is way good( his name is Pirate). He understands everything! He also believes it right after we teach it. They are a cute little family. They have two kids about our age who don't talk a whole lot, but they learn as a family and are so open. I love teaching them.

I think this next week is going to go by really fast. We have some trainings and what not, plus the baptisms, plus all our regular stuff that goes on. I just can't believe how much faster time has been going lately, even when it is a really dull week time just up and flies by.

The movies this week are kind of difficult. I know one is Taken; however, the other one is a little bit more difficult. I can't believe you stumped me. I really can't figure this one out. You will have to tell me what it is next week, although I think I am going to throw out a guess – maybe Vantage Point. I don't know...

Ok so this time I put up some pictures of our house. The first is of our living room, yes it is empty; second is of the kitchen; third is of our bedroom, my bed is on the left; fourth is of our study area, right now it is kind of a mess because we don't study at our house we study at our church, and the last is of the outside.

I love you guys. Have a great week.





1 comment:

  1. wow! That is a big place for them to live! It dwarfs every place I lived in on my mission and some when I was married! lol

    ReplyDelete