Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 8th Letter

Hello,

Move date is 25th of November, yes it is on Thanksgiving. All the people that finish their mission go home the day after Thanksgiving, sad huh?! Luckily we don't have to worry about that because I will finish in April. The best news that I have ever gotten is that University of Utah lost. In my President’s letter that I am about to write I will be able to make fun of him. It turns out that he is not only a Democrat he is a UofU fan, JUST my luck right. JK

Ok so I don't have a whole lot to say. This week was not very good, I mean as a missionary. We only have one progressing investigator so that is kind of sad. I feel like I have completely killed the area I am serving in, but that is ok. Everybody says we are in the re-building stage. I'm not exactly sure what that means. But the sweet thing is in the last 3 days we have found 40 potentials, so hopefully some of them will turn into progressors. It was a way sweet end to a terrible week.

Other than no investigators we are doing great. Something really good happened this week. We got a new translation of the Book of Mormon. It isn't in Thailand yet but it is on its way. This should be really sweet. They use new words that are supposed to be more correct. In case you didn't know Thai has a language called rachasap (something like that), but it is the language you use when you talk to the king or a God. So it is like a whole new language. It should be way sweet to read though. I'm excited to get it.

So today for P-day we came to Udon. It is really fun we are going bowling again, I'm very excited. After p-day we are doing switch offs. I am going to be with the district leader this time, it should be fun. I'm looking forward to a break from Nong Khai. It has almost been six months in one area, whoow!

Oh yeah... Brother Troy was wondering why you would text brother Ice back but not him. He says you should write him. Brother Troy speaks English almost perfectly, but Brother Ice struggles a little bit. He showed me what he wrote you. It was funny I told him it was correct, you may want to speak a little bit simpler with him.

There is something else that I wanted to ask for, new music. President Smith has said that we can't listen to anything that has "back beat" which has been translated as drums. So, pretty much all the music I brought is off limits; but, there is a group out there called Vitamin String Quartet. They redo all music into string quartet, so we can listen to it. They do all popular music and past music, it is really cool. If you could burn me some CDs, with sweet music and send it then it would be good.

Anyway that is all. I love you guys. Thanks for your letters they were great.

Love,

Chris

Ps. Mom, I looked at those words, and yeah they didn't make sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment