Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29th Letter

Ok family, I will type my very fastest so that I can get everything you need in this letter.

I'm sure the anticipation is killing you but yes, I did move to Bangkok. It isn't like Nong Khai at all! I have no Idea what I am doing down here. This is the most gigantic city in the world. You really can't see an end to it because it is so big, it goes from horizon to horizon - Well sort of. Because my area, called Samut Prakan, is right next to the beach; therefore, it goes only to horizon the other horizon is water. But it is still way huge, I'm just at the very very bottom of it.

My new companions name is Elder Devries. He is from Sparks Nevada. I still have not had one from Utah. He is probably 6ft tall, he has blond hair, he likes to listen to music and watch movies, and he probably enjoys long walks on the beach and reading a good book too. (Detailed enough?) Samut Prakan is his first area. He likes it, but I think he would prefer to be in one of the smaller cities, I can't blame him. We don't really ride our bikes in this area, we stick to taxis and buses. So learning the area is quite difficult, we have both been spending the last few days trying to figure out the area. It is pretty hard.

Today right before I came to email. we went and saw an ancient city. It was so sweet; I really want to bring you all back so you can see the stuff that I have been able to see here. The art in this ancient city was really quite amazing. I am pretty sure that most of the buildings are replicas, but they are still really amazing.

As for Thanksgiving, this one was way, way, way sweet. We got invited to go eat at a member’s house up near our mission headquarters. And guess what, President Smith was invited too! So we are the only missionaries in Thailand that got to eat Thanksgiving dinner with President Smith, it was absolutely amazing. The family that made the meal is an American family and the dad works at the embassy. He was able to buy the food at the embassy store, which is all imported food from the USA. I had a real(!) Thanksgiving dinner. I mean it wasn't just like being at home, but it was the best I could do in Thailand. This week has probably been the most I've thought about home. I didn't like moving. I feel so out of place. I don't have any idea what I'm doing because out of the two of us I've been a missionary longer, so he looks to me to know what to do, and the truth is I have no idea. I have never felt so awkward in my life. I hope those feelings go away.

As for the packages I got them and I opened them. And so far I have been loving them! The peeps are almost gone, but I am trying to eat sparingly so everything lasts us a while. I didn't open Maren’s gift so I will have a gift to open on Christmas day. If it is something that might go bad I should probably know. Also, somewhere along the trip the yoohoo all got broken open so I didn't get any of that. I was so sad, but it is ok. I will get over it. Those CDs are awesome. My companion loves them too. Those are probably from Judd right? Thank everybody for me ok?

Ok so I am going to have to take out another $30.00, but let me explain. I haven't spent that other money yet, but the mission pays for all our travel. It is called house money. They, the mission, give us 10000 baht in house money. Once we spend half we are supposed to request more, but the Elder that was here before me, spent it all, and didn't request it until last Thursday. So, when I got here we had no money. I have been paying for the taxis and everything with my own money, but now I am out and we won’t get reimbursed until the 2nd. I will have to take a little more out, sorry. I will get all the money back as soon as the church reimburses me.

As for today I think this is all. I will be on for 20 more minutes so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I love you all and miss you and appreciate you! Thank you for everything you do for me. I love you guys so much, have a good week and I will talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment