Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 15th Letter

HOWDY

So guess what, Nope – guess again. OK, stop guessing and I will tell you. Today we are back in Udon. I have to tell you about my last week, because it was crazy. Not really crazy it was just really fast. So, as you already know last Monday we came down to go bowling and then do switch-offs. On Wednesday we had a district meeting and then switched back. I got back up to Nong Khai at about 5:00pm. Then we got a phone call that night and we were told that our Zone Leaders want to switch off with us. So I am the person that is picked to go down to Khon Gaen in the Zone Leaders area. I stayed down there until Saturday. Once again I got home about 5pm. Now it is Monday, and I am back in Udon. It went by so fast. I was only in my area this week for one full day. I have no idea what is going on there. I don't know any of our new investigators, it is kind of sad. But wait, listen to this week. As I said, today I'm in Udon, I will go back to Nong Khai tonight at 5. On Wednesday we will come back to Udon for a District meeting, then we will go back home. Thursday night we will come back down to Udon because Friday we have a Zone Conference in Khon Gaen; however, no bus leaves Nong Khai in time so we have to spend the night in Udon. Friday we will get back to Nong Khai at about 6pm. Anywho, it just so happens that this week is District Conference for the branches up here. So we have 2 meetings in Udon on Saturday and one on Sunday, which means both days we will be traveling down to Udon. Then next Monday we are all going to go to the water fall, and the following Wednesday is moves. So all in all I have 2 days until moves when I will be in Nong Khai all day, and both of them are Tuesdays. And it just so happens that every Tuesday night we teach English class. This is going to go by so fast.

I can't believe you guys have already had your Ward Christmas party. It isn't even Thanksgiving yet, that is just weird. Why do they do it all bizarre? I remember when I was a young chap and we did the Christmas party around Christmas, ah for the good old days. That reminds me, I know can you believe it, on November 24th I will have been a missionary for 8 months. It just goes by way to fast.. I have already been in Thailand for over 5 months, where does the time go?

So guess what I am going to go do today, OK we have already played this game, you don’t have to guess. Well first we are going to drive to Gumpawapii (the city were brother Sakhaa's family lives). We are going to play with monkeys, see a giant water buffalo, eat some sweet Isan food, see a cool Buddhist temple, and then finish it off with some ping pong. It is going to be a sweet day. I'm really really excited. (Mike’s note: I looked Isan food: fried locusts, fried lizard, silkworm stir fry, and ant egg soup – sounds delicious!!!)

Yeah so I think Brady is right. I haven't served in Bangkok so it is probably my turn. I kind of want to go there, it would be nice to be in a city that is bigger and with more people. I love Nong Khai a lot but I am ready for some change. My companion and I aren't necessarily best friends but we aren't at each other’s throats. We just realize that we have to be together for the next two weeks so we might as well make the best of it. So I think it is going pretty good.

Thank you so much for sending stuff. I hope it will get here before November 25th. If it doesn't that is ok, then I will get it on January 2nd, which is closer to Christmas any way. And, I'm not sure I would be able to not open it. MY curiosity gets the best of me sometimes.

So yeah, that is about all for today. I love you guys, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment