Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st Letter

Hello,

I'm sorry about last week. It isn't that I don't love getting long Emails. I just didn't have a whole lot of time last week to email back, but this week will not be a problem. I have tons of time.

Q&A's:

1. Flooding in Thailand? Yes, Thailand is having some bad flooding because of some kind of storm down south, but Nong Khai is way too far away! In fact the river is going down. So no such problems up here.

2. I'm not going to lie, things with my companion could be better. I think I have just about driven him crazy. It all started yesterday when we were out inviting and we were just have a friendly conversation. Our conversation got onto the subject of sports some how. Eventually he told me he thought competitive sports where bad for missionaries. Of course, I corrected him and said that competitive sports where only bad if the missionaries let it get TOO competitive, but playing a competitive sport is healthy. It then got a little out of proportion and somehow he got to the point that he thought all competitiveness was contention and of the devil. I corrected him again by telling him that God’s plan is a competition. We have to over come our mortal desires to sin and become more aligned with God. That is a personal competition. He continued to argue, which I thought was humorous because he was trying to beat me in the competition of who was right about competition. I didn't tell him that I thought it was funny because I just done talking about it. In our companionship study we got on another topic that we obviously don't see eye to eye on and started a little argument. I was just a little bit fed up with him consistently trying to one up me, so I called him out. I said, “you are trying to tell me that you hate all compitition but everyday you argue with me and try to one up me!" Yeah, I pretty much called him a hypocrite. I feel a little bad! He hasn't really talked to me since, but I am sure I will get him to open up a little bit. I feel bad but It had to stop. I feel like it was just a companionship inventory. I know you probably wont have time to email me back in time buy if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

That is way sweet about elder Blaustien’s new companion (Uncle Cliff knows his dad). I met him for a little bit on our way up to Nong Khai. We took the same bus after Transfers Meeting. He is a nice kid. Did you know he is half thai?

I'm glad you got my package too! I was trying to find things that everyone would like. Did you give the พักอาวมา (lava lava) to TJ? He will really be all the rage in the MTC if he wears it. I'm glad you liked the pictures. I thought you would especially love the unborn chicken. Something else you will be excited to hear – Today, in 40 minutes, I am going to go eat Dancing Shrimp! I know I'm pretty excited it should be okay.

As for seeing the fireballs coming out of the river, I didn't see them. They do that about 45 miles down the river, so I couldn't really get out there because it would have taken a lot out of prosalyting time; however, I saw a lot of the cool things happening in the city, that was fun. I guess we will have to come back and see the fireballs after I get home. Which reminds me, I was going to tell you about the season. It is way cold. I would never have guessed that it gets cold, but at night we don't use an air conditioner or a fan and I still freeze. It has just gotten cold in like the last 2 or 3 days. It hasn't rained at all, it is just always cold. Like right now, my hands are cold as I am typing on the keyboard and it is almost noon. I have even considered buying a jacket, but then I remember that I am in Thailand and that would be ridiculous.

As for the primary thing, the easiest thing would be a CD. Before Elder Greene left, he gave me his CD player, so I have one now. It is pretty nifty.

Ok so I did something way fun yesterday that I thought I would share with you. The Branch President asked Elder Takara (senior missionary) To speak in sacrament meeting. Anywho, in order to speak in sacrament meeting they needed a translator and he asked me to do it. So I said yes, which usually isn't that big of a deal, but he told me he was going to speak in Japanese. Yeah, he wrote a talk in Japanese and then translated it into enlish for me, then I translated it into Thai. On Sunday he got up and gave his talk in Japanese, and I said it in Thai, it was so cool. I had a little microphone and I sat in the corner. He put a number everytime he was going to break so I knew where we were. It was so much fun. I felt really legit having the talk actually in Thai to read instead of just getting up and trying to say what he says in broken English. It was a really good talk to. I think the members really felt the spirit.

Anyway. Thank you so much for your letters. I love you. Have a good week.

I know it is probably late, because the party has already happened but send my love to the rest of the family too.


No comments:

Post a Comment