Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2nd to last letter from the MTC

May 25, 2010

Ok so I’m not exactly sure how to start this letter off. I've had a very great week but a lot has happened. I think I'll start telling you some news that we had from Thailand. I know you already know about all the stuff going on over there but this is a pretty interesting story. One day we were all waiting in class and Brother Saakha hadn't shown up yet. And when he came like 30 minutes late he was all crying and everything. So we asked him what was up. It turns out his sister was attending the university, which is in down town Bangkok. She got caught up in some of the riots and stuff so he was pretty worried. He found out the next day that she was able to get out of the city without getting hurt. But he had a hard time teaching that night. Also, one of the other Thai teachers, her name is sister Nopamos, her family works in the embassy so they were evacuated out of Thailand. she had a hard time teaching also.

I wanted to tell you last week but I forgot. You were talking about the video on LDS.org with elder Eyring. Here at the MTC we can use lds. org whenever we would like so I have seen that video a couple of times. It is really amazing. I've also listened to his talk a few times; I think there is a lot we can all take out from that. Also while I'm on the thought of talks this last week I have heard a couple of really exceptional talks that I didn't remember ever hearing. One is from Elder Holland of course. It was in April of 2009, he talks about Christ and the sacrifices of his life. It is amazing. The other is by Elder Worthlin, and it is called The Great Commandment. If you get the opportunity you should watch this one. He talks about love and charity. And in the middle of his talk you get to see somebody who has that pure love and charity. It is amazing, it is one of those talks that makes you teary. I have found a new love for Elder Worthlin since I have been in the MTC. He is an exceptional man.

Alright so last week I got a letter from you that said "hey by the way it is going to rain on Saturday" and that was very helpful. It had me mentally prepared for the rain. And it helped me come to grips with the fact that I wasn't going to be able to go play sand volleyball. I only bring this up because this week I didn't receive a letter that said "oh, by the way it is going to snow a couple of inches on Monday!" What is with this? I couldn't enjoy the last two weeks of my time in the United States with some warmth.

Alright mom and dad, I want to share an experience with you.

This week’s talk for sacrament meeting was on the topic of virtue. I hadn't really ever thought much of virtue until now. But as I sat down to write this talk I started to think what I thought virtue was really about. Now this isn't necessarily the story but it leads into the story. As I was thinking, I suppose I let my mind wander. And As I did the thoughts of my past came up. There have been times in my life where I had been able to tell when the spirit wasn't with me. But I had never really noticed the spirits of evil before. Until now. As soon as I started to let my thoughts wander I could feel Satan working his hardest. There is no doubt in my mind that he is real. And he knows every chink in our armor. I know he will always strive to make us unhappy. I had never felt a worse feeling in my life than I did at that moment. There really isn't any need for you to read too much into this. I just thought you might like to hear that experience. The whole week the only advice I could remember was what you said about how while I was out that Satan would push those buttons. And he really does.

I will end with another story. Every Sunday night we have a devotional and every Tuesday night we have a fireside. Anyway on Sunday at our devotional we had and Brother Stephen B. Allen. He is the head of the missionary department. He is probably one of my favorite speakers that isn't a 12. He just understands missionaries. I was wondering if you knew him or heard of him. If not I'm sure Uncle Cliff does and you should ask about him. He is awesome

Anyways I need to get going. I love you all. I love the packages and the stuff I have gotten this week. We didn't get our flight plans last week, I’m sure tomorrow or the next day so next Tuesday I will tell you all about my flights and what not. Only 1 week and 6 days. I probably am not ready! So pray for me this week to finally be able to speak Thai! Jk

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

4 comments:

  1. i ♥ you so much little brother. not you dad, this is for christian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I know it is secretly for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliff says he know him very well and will pass the praise on to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell christian that I said that he doesn't need warmth is the USA...he will get plenty of it in Thailand :)

    ReplyDelete