Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TRAVEL PLANS

Hey,
Alright I have tons to say in this letter because of flight information and what not, so it isn't going to have many spiritual thoughts, forgive me.
I think I better start off by telling you that we aren't leaving on Monday. We are leaving on Tuesday. We are the first group ever in the history of missionaries for Thailand to leave on a Tuesday... go figure!
But it is ok because we leave the MTC at 4:30 in the afternoon. So by the time I have the chance to call, everyone will be home. These are how my plans are laid out:

I leave Salt lake airport at 7:51pm on June 8
I arrive at LAX at 8:46pm on June 8 (I think I will probably call here because I have a 5 hour layover. It will be late, but I think it will be the easiest and most convenient.
I leave LAX at 1:10am on June 9
I arrive at Taipei, Taiwan at 6:00 am on June 10 (long flight)
I leave Taipei, Taiwan at 9:00am on June 11
I arrive at Bangkok, Thailand at 11:35am June 11

This is exactly how it is on my flight plan. So I'm not sure how it is all going to work out with time zone differences. I just realized that I have like a 26 hour layover in Taiwan. If you can figure that out let me know.

Alright now this is important. It has to do with my calling you. What everyone is doing these days is having their parents send them disposable cell phones to call at the airport. You know the ones that you can buy and put like 300 minutes on and then when they are gone the phone is useless so you can just throw it away. They are pretty inexpensive. Everybody in my district has done this and I think it is brilliant. That way I don't have to call using a payphone. We have talked to the MTC and the Branch Presidency and they have all OKed it. So IF you could do that it'd be really nice, that way I don't have to wait for a pay phone. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Next problem I have to address is with luggage. We are allowed one Bag on to Delta and the second bag is 50 dollars. So I was wondering if that 50 dollars is what my 100 dollar travel money is for or if I need more for that? Let me know...
Also, I'm only allowed 1 carry on bag and it has to way less then 15 pounds. And my carry on suitcase is about 10 pounds by itself. So I can't really take it. I was thinking I would just use my backpack as a carry on. But then I need to know what to do with my small suitcase. There is a service in Provo that they come to the MTC and pick up the suitcases that can't be used. And then the family can go pick it up from them. They are on university parkway I think. If you want me to do that, just tell me. Or if there is an easier or better way tell me that to.

Other then these, I don't think I need anything. I am sending a package home today hopefully; it'll have pictures and some other cool stuff.

Alright last week I lied I said if you had questions for me get them to me by Monday. Well it turns out all the services here are closed on Memorial Day. So I didn't get any letters if you sent them so I am going to try and leave a few minutes that way if I get them tonight I can hurry and answer. But if I don't have time, don't hate me.

I love you all. And I miss you. I can't wait to talk to you next week. Because I'm leaving on a Tuesday, I get to email next week and call. Pretty sweet huh?

Anywho, if you need some spiritual enlightenment, here are a couple of good places to find it. You can read a talk given by Elder Packer, it is called "the touch of a masters hand" or go on to LDS.org and watch the new Mormon message called "Till we meet again".

P.S.
I haven't gotten the mail yet but I don't think I will be able to email again after this. I just wanted to say a few more things. Tell grandma that Even though I don't write her back I think about her and grandpa everyday and I love her letters. And tell Aunt Leslee that I think about her too and even though I don't write her back I love getting her letters. When does she come in? Any way that's all.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is one long trip! He is going to be pooped! I am so excited for him! (not the flights, but the whole thing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a day. looking forward to next week. and this post made me cry...again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 26 hours in Taipei?!?!?! Please tell me that he is going to be able to go to a hotel or something...Taipei is the worst airport in all of SE Asia :( It's actually not bad, it's just VERY old and has a musty/moldy smell about :) I hope he is flying on Thai airways that will mean that they only stop in Taipei to refuel and pick up passengers (about 2 hours or so) so his flight itinerary might be a mistake or something. Tell him I said "good luck" and maybe I can see him if I'm able to make it to BKK when I go back to Malaysia.
    Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete