Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dam(p) cold

Alright, I have a bunch of stuff to write today, so I’m going to be especially sloppy with my grammar. That is usually the reason I don't punctuate or do anything else to my letters. I only get half an hour of time on email. Remember, I am learning a new language and they do not punctuate anything, so I am trying to embrace the culture (just kidding).

The craziest thing happened the other day, I got a letter that was addressed to a "Sister Christine Warner" and I just figured someone had messed up. But when I opened it, it was definitely to a sister. I thought nothing of it and just decided to take it to the mail room, but before I had the chance a couple of sisters came up to bear their testimonies to us. After a second of listening, she and I noticed we had the same last name. We were both amazed, so she asked where my family came from, I said “Fillmore”. She said, "me too!" It turns out that her great-great-great-great grandfather is also Orange Warner. She has the same book written about him that we have! Crazy huh?! I have a distant cousin in the MTC with me.

I thought I’d share with you about the TRC. On Wednesday of last week they changed their rules here at the MTC. You now have to have a current temple recommend to come and volunteer at the TRC. We were all pretty bummed! And it is even more terrible because the lady that we were going to teach, doesn't speak much English so regular missionaries can't go teach her. It is like the first sad experience on my mission. But I figure eventually she will find the gospel. I still taught all in Thai. and we rocked it!! I was not expecting it to go well at all, I thought we would be stumbling through it the whole time, but it was actually really smooth and awesome. I memorized the "first vision" in Thai, and I had the opportunity to quote it during the lesson. I was so ecstatic. It is like six lines longer in Thai then it is in English. Also, all the new Cambodian missionaries were in the TRC watching us, so I got to show off a bit! I cannot wait for next Saturday!

I'm really very jealous that you two are going to Monticello. Now I’m going to feel extremely left out; however, I'm going to Thailand in just over a month, so I guess you guys can be a little jealous also! Your California trip sounds awesome. Elder McDonald did that right before his mission. While we were doing the temples in Utah, he was doing the temples in California. he loved it.

I have some seriously terrible news. I cannot call home on mother’s day. They just don't have enough phones in the MTC. But I can call you guys from the airport. I have a few four hour layovers, so we will make up for it there.

I love the sunglasses! I really can't wait to get them. All the guys in my district are really jealous, but they love them too! Thank you so much. I do have a question though. In the package I got yesterday you sent me four glasses, but no drink, I was just wondering why?

I will send you home more pictures and stuff in a couple of weeks. The last little while has not been full of pictures. We have been super busy and when we go back to the dorm at night all of us just want to sleep. But our little Thai’s come in tomorrow so I’m sure I will get lots of pictures then.

It sounds like you guys had an awesome stake conference; however, I'll bet my mission conference was better! We didn't have any general authorities but the MTC president spoke and he spoke like elder Holland. He was a high ranking officer in the military, and is a pulpit pounder, but I like him. We did have Elder Perry come last Tuesday though! It was really awesome. He talked for an hour, I love him

I better explain the subject of this message or else it isn't going to be as funny. We were talking about Thailand with brother Saakha and he was trying to say it is damp and cold. But because in Thai they don't always say "and" he just said damp cold. But in Thai they also never end a word with the letter P it turns into a B. All thirteen of us were laughing ourselves sick!

Anyway, I love you all. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment