Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010

Alright, I’m not sure exactly what to write about this week. I really feel like nothing new has happened. The weeks are going by so fast, I'm sure you've realized by now that I leave for Thailand in less than a month! It's even less than four weeks now!

I really loved all that I got in those two packages! The sunglasses are incredible! And the lava lava is also awesome! Everyone in my district is so jealous. I also liked getting that letter from grandma. She seems like she is doing so well. She is back to doing activities that she loves, like going out to the porch.

I guess I will tell you a little bit about what happened this week. I had the TRC again all in Thai, It went pretty well. We had to teach with two companionships in our room so that was a little different, we definitely weren't used to having so much conversation. This week we teach the plan of salvation! It is all pretty easy except for some of the vocab. But it is really nice for us because it makes us keep it simple. It is hard to go into depth with stuff when you don't know how to say it. Also something that is pretty exciting, today is the start of a new game my district is implementing. it is called Mahaa-Decadan (this is how it is pronounced, not really how it is spelled but you can't do much when the letter doesn't exist on an English keyboard). Anywho, it means master grasshopper, and to become master grasshopper you cannot speak English for the entire day (except during church functions where you have to, temple etc.). Our goal is to do it every day for the rest of the MTC. Wish us luck.

Tomorrow morning we start teaching a progressing investigator (fake) for the next four weeks. One of the Thai teachers has offered to let Elder Martins and I teach him a couple of times a week that way we can know what it really feels like to go through the lessons with one person continually. This is legit; we are keeping a teaching record and all. I am thinking it will be easy the first time, until we find out what problems he has.

Ok, you don't know how good it feels to see new people come in trying to speak your language. I don't think we speak great, but we sure have come a long way! The new Thai district is pretty awesome though. They play volleyball with us now so with just the Thai speakers we take up two volleyball courts. We have a huge zone, tomorrow we get in another English district with 10 elders/sisters. Then our zone will be up to 45. It makes for some awesome sacrament meetings. Oh yeah, this reminds me, tomorrow I am hosting. Remember all those elders that were helping the new elders come into the MTC. That is going to be me tomorrow.

Sorry this email is so short... This week has just gone by uber fast. It's like nothing has even happened. I really don't think there is anything I need; I do have a question though. While being here I have spent some of the money I came to the MTC with. Mostly only to get the essentials, like laundry soap and stamps and things like that, Do you suggest I refill my money supply before I leave? And if so, how much should I take out? I would hate to take money out and then not have enough for a bike when I get to Thailand. I think that is everything. I have some time left on my email so if I think of anything else I will let you know!

I love you all!

P.S. Did mom get my Mother’s Day letter, and how was her Mother’s Day?

1 comment:

  1. ahaha...tell him to take all of the money...so nice to hear of his adventures in the MTC. :)

    ReplyDelete