Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Letter dated April 27th, 2010

Hello Family,

Alright this week has been crazy! So much has happened and so much more is going to happen. The time goes by way too fast in here, It feels like you can never get all that you want to done. But we survive.

I'll start out by telling you about our Thai. Every week we have a TRC (a TRC is where we teach returned Thai missionaries the lessons). This week, instead of teaching the missionaries, we have a real investigator who wanted to know about the gospel. She asked one of our teachers and they came up with the great idea that she should be taught by us! Crazy HUH? Well my companion and I were a little over eager and we asked to teach her. So I'll let you know how that goes, it is on Saturday, the lesson is on the restoration, 100% Thai! This is the first week we have to do all Thai, before it was just bits and pieces; I really think we are ready though.

Alright, so the MTC is pretty dumb. I really hate getting close to people and then having them leave. We have become really good friends with all the districts in the Southeast Asia area, but yesterday the last of them left. It really is awful. We have seen 3 groups of English missionaries from our zone leave and now even our older Thai district is gone. We are now the oldest... the big dogs. I can't believe we get our new Thais in next week. I remember coming in and thinking how awesome our older Thais were at the language. I don't think that anymore. In the MTC they do this thing called SYL (speak your language) it is pretty self explanatory, it means speak the language you are learning as much as possible. Well our group has really been trying hard to do this the last week and we can already see the difference, we carry on conversations in just Thai and our class discussions are all Thai, it is pretty awesome the first time you answer a question without even thinking about what you want to say first. We still need a lot of work though! Brother Duval said we were his hardest working class. And he has been teaching here for over 3 years.

As you probably know, Tyler Haws is in the MTC now. He is going to serve in the Philippines. I was walking one day and saw him, so I decided to stop and talk to him. I'm sure glad I did, we are practically best buds now, just kidding. He did bear his testimony to me though, and I taught him about the importance of families (in Thai) it was pretty wicked!

You asked about who I am close with, I'd have to say my best friends here are elder McDonald, Elder Furr and of course my companion, but as a district we are pretty close. Elder Furr (you know him as district leader) is actually our new zone leader, and Elder McDonald is our new District leader. They are both really awesome and we have lots in common, including our love for BYU. We have practically converted our entire district to be BYU fans.

You never sent me Bennet’s address, so that would be nice too. I loved seeing his testimony in my book. In fact I love the whole book, tell everybody thanks for me.

Anywho, I'm not sure what else there is to say, if I think of anything i will send another email, I usually have a few minutes left when i log off.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment