Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19th Letter

Well Fams
 
This week was really great. We just had a whole ton of success!  We have quite a few people who have accepted commitments to be baptized, and we even have quite a few new investigators.  I am really excited about this last week even though nothing really spectacular happened, it seems about the same as you guys – a week that wasn't too full of excitment but still good.  We are really looking forward to this next week as well; we get to go to a training thing and then pretty much just work all week. I think we will be able to get a lot of good work done if we can work in our area a lot the next few days.  I think I would like to find more families.  I know like that was something we focused on a lot back when I was a greenie, but It seems like the people that we have found in the past few days/weeks are all single.  That is ok, because we will continue to work for families.
 
I don't really have a lot to say so I guess that I will tell you of an experience that I had in teaching. This week we were teaching an investigator about the Law of the Fast. We told him that we need to fast at least once a month, and then give the offering to the Bishop.  We told him that we fast to ask for blessings and for special concerns or to give thanks, or for anything really.  Anyway, when we commited them to do it they said no... They have learned everything before. They have committed to pay tithing, they stopped working on Sunday, they stopped worshipping idols and threw them away, they gave up coffee and what not. They did all that, and in the end, the commitment they say they can't keep is the one where they don't eat food for two meals.  I find it so funny that people get caught up in the little things.  All the hard things they can do A-OK but the easy stuff they stumble on.  It is the same with all of us. I think it is usually the small stuff that keeps people out of heaven. I would bet that on really busy days these people have skipped two meals, but when we commit them to do it for God, they refuse.  It is things like this that make me stressed.  Oh well, strengthen their faith and try again. 
 
I really like that quote from Bronco how he said that as he stood in front of the cougar club he felt like he was in front of the Pharasies and the Sadducees because they forgot what our purpose is.  You know that is really true, sometimes I think people forget that the purpose of this church is to spread the gospel.  We know the truth and we want everybody to know the truth also.  We have a prophet, apostles, missionaries and all the members to help spread that message.  So I would say that even though they play football and build character and what no, it it is still the responsability of the BYU football team to spread the gospel. And we can do that whether we win or lose.
 
I totally forgot to tell you the movies last week. but I did know them. this week the movies are "Hocus Pocus" and Wizard of Oz. Theme: Witches, or even better than that sister witches.มั้ง (In your face).
 
Well I love you guys, tell the family I love them too.
 
Have a great week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment