Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Howdie Parents,Alright, I will take you up on the taco time crispy chicken burrito bet. I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! I miss it so much. I had it for the fist time in a year and a half last Wednesday. AH - it was so delicious, I had nachos. I also had Dr. Pepper for the fist time since I became a missionary, heaven on earth. Anyway the movies are Jumper and Batman, and the theme is... ok นึกไม่ออก (I give up)! Something about trying to capture the hero?

Well this last week was a blast. It doesn't seem like a whole lot happened but it was actually pretty eventful. Like the special meeting with Elder Gong, and dad, he did remember you. He is a very intelligent person, and a really nice guy. Pretty much the whole meeting was about virtue and moral cleanliness. He also talked a little bit about people's countenances, it was a really good meeting. It seemed to lift everybody's spirits and just give them a good spiritual boost. It was pretty cool because the other person that came is the Second Counselor in the Young Mens Presidency. He gave a good talk on his concern for the young men these days. I fell like I learned a lot.

Something else happened pretty cool yesterday, Elder Larson was called to be the next AP (Assistant to the President). He is a really good fit for AP. They need somebody that has his kind of knowledge. He is different then all the other APs that I've seen get called. Usually they are really overbearing and เเรง (I don't know how to translate this word), but Elder Larson is kind and gentle. It will be interesting to see how people react to somebody who compliments them all the time in stead of chews them out and complains. I'm excited for him.

This next Thursday is transfers so I will know who my new companion is on that day. I'm not sure who it is going to be but I think everybody is a good choice. Every zone leader area is getting a new Zone Leader called so it will be fun to be with someone who doesn't already have a preconceived notion of how a Zone Leader is supposed to be. A lot of people think that as a leader you get to slack off in your own area (because you have to worry about other areas too) but that is a bunch of bologna! I just want someone who will work twice as hard so we can get all of it done.

As for you guys it seems like everything is going well and right. I'm so happy that BYU won! Next game will be so good, I'm way nervous for both sides, I don't want either of them to lose. It is good that BYU has such a tough schedule to start the season, it is the same as life. In order to grow and get better you need some trials and adversity. If BYU wants to be a really good team for the next two years, they need to play these hard teams to help them grow. See the gospel can be likened to any part of our life, even football.

As you guys were talking about sacrament meeting, and how the bishop got up and talked about the sacradness of the sacrament because it is what needed to be said in that moment, it made me think of our bishop. Yesterday between the 3 companionships of elders and sisters we had over twenty investigators at church. That means that a third of the people who were there weren't members. Anyway, the bishop got up to bare his testimony and realized that nobody in the audience was understanding what he was saying so half way through his testimony he had to dumb it down. He ended up just promising everyone blessings if they kept the law of tithing and what not. It was pretty good but I think all the investigators thought he was asking for donations - Oops!Anyway that is all I think I have, I love you guys. Thanks for your letters and talk to you next week.

p.s. I was thinking about going and getting my eyes checked out, I think I need glasses. I figured out that everything gets blurry in my right eye, who would have thunk it. Also I'm eventually going to get around to finding a dentist, I may just kill the two birds with the one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment