Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 12th Letter

Dearest Family,

So this time I am really rushed to get the letters out so it probably won’t be as long or as detailed as my last letters – I know you probably thought it couldn't get less detailed, but today it probably will.

This week has been kind of fun. A little bit slower due to the fact we have fewer investigators then usual, and I got a new companion – his name is Elder Iverson. Yeah, the same Elder Iverson that was in my MTC district. I think this is the first time that president has ever put two elders from the same MTC group as companions but it is pretty sweet. We are getting along really well. The last few days have been a lot of fun. I think we have both changed a lot in the last year and a half so these days we are just the best of friends at least that is how I feel. I Hope he doesn't just think I’m an idiot!!!

Anyway, everyone else that moved into the Zone I know you won't know them because I don't even know them. It seems like everyone has been paired up ok. There were a lot of missionaries that went home and a lot that came in so I think this last move made President Smith a little stressed. All is well In Zion.

As for our investigators this week: We have a way sweet investigator that wants to be baptized, her name is Rin. She has a lot of faith and seems to get all kinds of answers through her prayers (personally I think she hears the answers because she is in touch with her feelings). She notices the Holy Spirit and it seems to be changing her heart really fast. We also have another investigator who needs to be baptized because he is practically living every principle that the church teaches, including having a year supply of food. We went to his house yesterday and he had about 50 huge bags of rice. He said he thought it was a smart idea to save up just in case. I totally know that people are prepared to meet the missionaries.

Other then that this week has just been kind of slow and boring, but the next couple of weeks the work will pick up and it will be way good. I'm glad that all is going well at home, the Stake Conference sounded like it was good. I hate going to meetings and just getting fluff. I have really come to love the simple doctrines of the gospel, repentance or the atonement or the restoration or faith. I just love the simple stuff that we can never hear too often. I feel like if we taught more of these simple doctrines in our meetings then peoples faith would be more strengthened.

Anyway, Maren sent me pictures of you guys during the party. You all looked very happy. It made me happy to see good happy family. This week I saw a bunch of broken and unhappy families this week. It really made me grateful for where I came from. (Engrish has become his second ranguage).

Ok I love you guys have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment