Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Dearest family,

Wow... the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" has never been truer. You guys used a thousand words and I still can't picture the house. Maybe you should just take a picture. It sounds like a really nice area though... is it far from the school? How is traffic in las vegas? this week we had to go and train a district leader in a place called saphaan sung, it is about 5 miles away, it took us over an hour to get there... Traffic in bangkok is soooooooooo awful. I can't remember what it is like in nevada. What else are you guys going to do down there... You are their until tuesday right? are you doing any vacationing or just helping maren and andy move? HOw many days did you guys take off from work?

This week for me was pretty good. It went by extremely fast as usual but I'm sure exactly what to tell you about it. We did this one really sweet thing on saturday. We did some service in a neighbor hood that is kind of nice but the streets are pretty trashy. So all six missionaries plus about 10 people from the ward came and we swept up the streets. It was kind of fun because all the streets are so dirty in thailand that you finally feel like you did something to make it better. HOwever, after sweeping the streets for three hours it looked the exact same as if we hadn't swept. So i'm not sure what we did, but I would hate to see what it would look like if we hadn't done it. Another thing that happened this week that was pretty interesting was yesterday we were invited to attend a ward counsel meeting in our ward, anyway the sunday school president is kind of anti missionary, anyway he started to yell at us for trying to change things. when he started to yell the spirit definately left and I think everybody noticed it. It made the rest of the day very awkward. But in the end I think it made him feel better so maybe he will start to relax a little bit.

Other then that this week has been really normal, this thursday is the transfers meeting so we aren't sure what is going to be happening, I think that elder larson and I will be here together for another one but there are quite a few people in our zone that will be meeting, then next month on the tenth we have our first zone conference, that will be pretty good. I'm kind of excited to do that. maybe I will get the opportunity to share some of these things you have given me.

Anyway I know that this one is really short but I am going to try and write some of my siblings so I will just let this one be short. I love you guys. Have a great week.

P.s. the movies this week are Oceans 13, rush hour, and then I want to say dick and jane, but I'm not sure what the theme is, If i guessed it would be the steeling something by using the "hat trick". like in oceans they still the diamonds and then in rush hour he has the money to go to china and in dick and jane they use the signiture to get his job back and donate the money.... I'm probably way off but that is what got..

No comments:

Post a Comment