Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Friday, August 26, 2011

August 21st Letter

Hello family.
 
This week was a good week for the most part. We didn't have anything big to do so we just did a few exchanges.  I wish I were a better leader. I'm never exactly sure how to inspire people to be better. Not just a better teacher or finder but a better disciple. We really feel like obedience is a big problem, but I can't force somebody to be obedient, and I'm not exactly sure how to help people get it.  I want people to work hard because they are devoted to the Lord, not because their leaders are following up with them everyday. How do you get somebody to change that? I guess it has something to do with their own personal conversion to the gospel, but it is so frustrating when somebody doesn't understand, it totally puts a kink in their chain. 
 
We are also having some problems in the ward too, but I think we will be able to solve it next week when we go and meet with the Stake President.  We have this one member who thinks he is the boss even though he is not.  He is so prideful and power hungry (I realize that it is prideful to call other people prideful but this one is true).  He called a Ward Counsel meeting together yesterday while the bishop was out of town – he has no authority or responsibility to do that. The whole purpose of that meeting was to yell at the missionaries. Anyway he didn't invite me and my companion to go into the meeting; he invited the younger companionship to go in so they weren't brave enough to say anything for the twenty minutes he yelled at them.  He is sure lucky I wasn't in there, anyway he will probably be our main discussion with the Stake President next week. 
 
Other than that it was a good week. One of the senior couple missionaries in Thailand has also been called to serve on the Stake High Council, anyway he came and gave a fantastic talk on service.  He talked about the little acts of service that we do to become more Christ like.  He shared the talk about the statue in WWII that was broken and they couldn't repair Jesus hands so they made the sign "You are My hands" It was a very great talk.  I think I enjoyed it most of all because it was in English.  Elder Larson translated for him this time so I got to listen better. 
 
It sounds like your week was really nice and relaxing.  Do you guys ever work anymore?  It seems like Maren is always sad to see you guys go. If she keeps seeing you every week like this it will hardly feel like she moved away.  I think it is so good that she is in the Young Women’s. They need her, she really does have some good experiences that she can share.
 
As for the questions mom, I'm not sure what my future is going to look like.  I think I will be here until November-ish which is another two transfers, and then after that move to a new area for my last 3 transfers. I really don't want to leave Bangkok but there are only two Zone Leader areas in Bangkok so I feel like I don't have a very good chance of staying unless President releases me. Yeah I really was serious about going to BYU.  Maybe you could look into that and see what I would have to do to go there. At this point it seems like the best decision. 
 
Anyway in closing... the movies are: Lord of the Rings, and The DaVince code.  The theme is way hard but I’m going to say something about a ring. Ok I’m probably just over thinking things, I have no idea.
 
I love you guys. Have a good week. I'll talk to you next week. I'm glad you got home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment