Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Friday, August 26, 2011

August 14th Letter

Mom and Dad,
 
This week was a lot of fun, I feel like the Zone Conference went especially well.  The most hectic part was the food.  We couldn't find anyone to make us food until Tuesday so it was kind of rough on Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get all the food ready, but in the end it was really good.  I didn't use any of the trainings in the Zone Conference, but I will be doing some trainings this week where we have a little bit more say in what we do, so I think I will use them this week. But I did use one of your training things in a talk I gave on Sunday.  I talked about the atonement and repentance and led it in to our will and his will.  I thought it turned out pretty good.  As for the Visa, apparently they just worked themselves out.  I called the person over the visas a couple days ago and he said that they just worked themselves out. So we don't have to worry about that anymore. 
 
As for the other questions, No I don't think I have eaten cat fish yet (but to be honest there is no way to know, whenever somebody puts something in front of me, I just close my eyes and eat it.) But yesterday I did have something new, jelly fish.  It was really weird, it looks like it would be very soft meat, but in reality it is not, it is really really tough.  I don't think I'm a huge fan, but it was ok. Elder Black is doing pretty good, his area is pretty hard right now because they just opened it up, so we are going to help him out more this week, but other than that he is really good. 
 
The investigators here are great, we have two people that are going to baptized at the end of the month, but other than that nobody has a baptismal date yet. We have a bunch of investigators that are progressing and going to get baptized but not quite yet.  The two that are coming up are named Awt and her son Ice.  They are pretty cool Awt is really growing in her faith in Christ so we are excited for her.  I don' know what happened, but it seems like after my first area, none of the members in these other ward/branches have really liked me.  I don't think they hate me (at least not all of them), but they don't particularly like me either.  It is ok, they are nice enough to help me so that is good.
 
Anyway this next week seems like a pretty busy one for you guys. Another trip down to Las Vegas and what not. That is way cool, but it seems like it is going to be all work and no play which we all know is no fun.  You guys will have to let me know how it goes.  It is also cool that Ryan is getting married, everybody I know is getting married.  At least they have all caught the vision, You can tell him congrats for me. 
 
Movies: Catch Me If You Can and The Italian Job. The theme could be about changing Identities or just robbery.
 
Those two thai things you sent say 
 
1) "Is Mr. Brow your friend?" (I assume brow means brown because they don't know how to do an "n" sound after a "w".
 
2) "right now are you still doing your duty?"
 
Who sent those?
 
I love you guys Have a sweet week. Don't forget to pray often.
 
p.s. Those pictures of BYU.... AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment