Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Well พ่อเเม่ (Father and Mother)

I just can't believe another week has flown by. This week was a lot of fun, I felt very busy, but I probably wasn't. This week everything didn't go exactly as planned, we were only able to get to two of the switchoffs we had planned because we had to interview somebody for baptism with very little notice, so we didn't do switchoffs that day. This interview for baptism because the person that was being interviewed was somebody that I found down in Samut Prakaan - Yeah way cool!!! Elder Larson interviewed her and said it was really well, so that is really exciting. Also church this last week we had about 80 people there. That branch is progressing so well. Other than that nothing else exciting happened this week, but even though we were out of our own area for almost 3 days this last week, we had really great results here too – so that is good.

As for your questions: No nothing was really wrong before, it just wasn't great either, and I feared it would get a lot worse, but everything is spectacular now. Hey I had a question, did you ever get my memory card in the mail, because I sent that like 3+ weeks ago? I did get your guys package this last week, and all the candy is gone. It took a long time to get here because the Thai customs had to open it up and look in it to make sure it didn't have any thing bad in it. I guess they didn't like your explanation of the contents: "candy- $20.00". I thought it was funny.

That movie (17 Miracles) sounds way good. How about that, all those missionaries get to go see a movie. This mission has a strict no movies rule! Outside of "The Testaments" and "The Restoration" we can't see anything. Those missionaries are so lucky, and you know what, they probably don't even know it. Man it is so hard to notice blessings until you don't have them any more. I liked both of your little stories. I'm not sure whether I will have an opportunity to use these or not, but I sure do like getting them at least for me.

Other than that there really isn't much else that happened. except for yesterday in Sacrament Meeting I translated a talk for a guy that is in the high counsel but he is white so he doesn't speak Thai (he is a senior couple missionary). When he comes to speak we have to translate for him. Anyway It was wicked difficult. This man is a retired buisness man, so he was using a pretty intense vocabulary. It is hard to translate English words into Thai when you don't know what they mean in english. But I got through it pretty well and all the members said that they understood.

I really have no other stories. This weeks movies are Dukes of Hazard and Starsky and Hutch, and the theme is the red muscle car, i think it is charger. ใช่ไหม (Is that right?)

Well guys I don't think I have any questions for you. But I sure do love you guys and i'm grateful for your letters everyweek. Have a great week and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment