Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Bike June 21, 2010

NEW PICTURES ON THE OTHER BLOG - Some of you seem to be struggling with the blog with the pictures, I won't say who; however, Scott, you know who you are. The link to the right that says Christian's Pictures and Videos is where you will find them. By the way - when you enter a comment, I am including them in the following weeks email to Christian. Thanks - Now enjoy this weeks letter:


Alright, I will try and make this letter informative and interesting. I'm not quite sure what to talk about though. Nothing has really happened this week. We have a couple that were supposed to be baptized on Sunday. But they aren't married, and they had filled out all the papers and when they went in to submit them they had to fill out more, so that was lame. On top of that they didn't come to church and they haven't been answering our calls, Maybe if they can hold strong they can do it in a couple of weeks. Other than that this week has been awful on lessons. It seems like every day we have 6 or 7 people cancel on us, even if we call them earlier that day - It is frustrating. Thai people are too laid back, NOBODY carries a planner, No wonder they don't remember their appointments. I did do something cool on Friday though. I did a companion swap with the zone leaders in UDON. That is the closest place with other elders, it is about an hour bus ride. I spent the night down there, it was so fun. The people down there actually keep there appointments. I taught 7 lessons while I was down there, and I wasn't even down there for a full day. So it was a pretty good time.

Yes, it is just elder Greene and me up here in Nong Khai, and yes that is his name. How did you know? We took a bus up here from Bangkok and it was about 10 hours. After all those flights it felt like eternity. Yes he met me in Bangkok, every moves all the missionaries that are moving go down to Bangkok and meet there new companion. Elder Greene and I have to go back down in a few weeks again to renew his visa, every three months you have to do that. I'm not looking forward to it; hopefully, we will be able to take a train that time.

I did buy a bike... sort of. They, the mission office, picked out every bodies bike because the whole day was rushed. They weren't ready for us to come in because we came a day early. They just had to pick out the bikes for everyone. Fortunately, I got a pretty sweet bike. I'm sending pictures so you should tell me if it is a nice one. I've never heard of the brand before.

I loved your emails; they were great to hear about all the sweet stuff that is going on at home. Happy fathers day today... or yesterday depending on when you read this, but when I send it, it should still be fathers day. I hope everyone had a great birthday. It sounds like they did. I'm glad to hear grandma is doing great. It sounds like everyday she is doing much better, and I'm happy to hear that. You don't have to be worried about me worrying. I'm to busy to worry. I was just trying to give some comforting words for the next week. I really like that other scripture mom shared with me in this email. It is a real boost. Even though it is fun here and I know it's the right work. Sometimes it's hard not to become discouraged, but endure to the end - That is our missionary purpose. I also like the scripture that says “And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.” It is something like that; I think it is D&C 121. It is really uplifting too.

I was supposed to tell you about sending packages and stuff. Only use USPS mailing for packages. If you do it through some of the other big ones I can get charged alot of money here. So stick to the USPS. It is ok for siblings to email. So if they wanted to do that instead of send letters that would be ok, but if they would just rather send letters that is ok too.

Did Brady ever serve up here? I didn't see his picture, all the people who serve in Nong Khai hang up there picture and write the dates of when they were here, it is pretty cool. I've been told it is the only area that does that, but I'm not certain. I was supposed to tell you to look up on the internet something called the Mai Khong monster. It is a giant breed of cat fish in the river. It is supposed to be huge. Look it up and tell me a little bit about it.

In the letters to come you have to keep me updated on the World Cup, the Tour de France, and Wimbledon, and pretty much any thing else you feel obliged to share. But that would be great if you could do that. And I have another task. I think that because I am such a blessing to you by serving a mission, it is your turn to be a blessing to me. Here in Nong Khai the members are really struggling with missionary work. They don't like helping us out too much and they really don't like taking care of the less active and recent converts, which aren’t our responsibilities. So I think if you guys start helping the nice 19 year old missionaries at home. The members here will be filled with the Spirit and will start to help me. See if there is anything you can do to help, even if it is just giving them contacts (preferably more though). They need your help, just like we need the help of the people here. This brings me to my next question. How has your scripture study been going? Every day you should be reading the Book of Mormon. I think it is a good idea to do it alone and with each other, you two are a companionship after all. If you wanted to use Preach my Gospel it is a big help. Also, set goals, It is hard to get something out of studying if you don't have a goal to find it. I read the Book of Mormon in the MTC and realized I didn't get a whole lot out of it other then a good feeling; however, since being here, I have started again and this time I am highlighting all the pronouns of Jesus Christ. It is amazing to see how often He is referred to. If you wanted to do something like that, there are some suggestions in the PMG on the very last page of the BOM section. It’s listed under Mission president.

Anywho I think that is all. I love you all! I am happy that everyone is doing well! These emails really do help me have a much better week! So, thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. I love that he is giving you advice on how to be more spiritual! lol I remember doing that to my parents. hehe I hope that his members start helping him more. That was a constant struggle for us. Once, we went to visit a member family to ask them to help us and they wanted to sing 'The Time Is Far Spent' as the opening song! lol They really did not want us there. hehe

    ReplyDelete