Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5th Letter

This week, the letter was a little different. I was concerned about the news he would get in the email so I stayed up until he got on his email – the following is an email exchange that we had:

Chris:
Yo... dad never sent me a letter so let me know what’s up?

Mike:
You still there?

Chris:
Yeah... I got the letters about the winds but I didn't get a detailed letter about grandma, except for Maren’s.

Chris:
Is she still alive? Can she get my letter?

Mike:
Yes to both. I sent you an email, I will resend it now. I will never miss a letter, I love you too much to not write, I forgot to hit send. Luckily nobody touched my laptop and was still sitting there ready to send.

Chris:
Good

Chris:
It seems that Maren needs a lot of comforting. You know that she doesn’t handle these things very well.

Mike:
Mom and I are talking to her a lot and Maren was able to skype with grandma today.

Chris:
This is an email that I was typing before I got your email.

Hey,
What in the world was that about? I got a bunch of really short letters that had no detail about anything. They all just hinted at the fact that grandma was in trouble. Luckily Maren is really good at explaining her feelings. I'm really sorry to hear about grandma. I hope she isn't in too much pain or anything. I'm just really grateful that as a family we know who we are and that there is more then just this life. Just having the knowledge about the Plan of Salvation is such a great gift. I hope other then that news this week was a good one. It sounds like it is pretty interesting with the wind storms and what not. I hope nothing else falls down or gets knocked over. Those pictures are pretty crazy, there is just stuff happening all over the place lately.

I don't really have to much to report on this week. We just pretty much did what we have been doing the last little while – Serving, teaching a little bit, and then helping our branch president. It was a good week. I learned a good lesson about doing what your mission president says. As soon as we saw Brother Tan (Cambodian father), we told him he couldn't get baptized on his day. He got really sad but then told us that he was willing to do what ever it took to get baptized. And now we are seeing a lot of progression. In just 3 days he read from Jacob to Alma-ish. (We told him he needed to finish the Book of Mormon before he gets baptized. Anyway, it was a real blessing to tell him he needs to wait. Now he is working really hard and doing everything he can to prepare. Obedience always pays off.

Other than that I don't really have to much to say, this next week is transfers. We aren't sure yet what is happening, but it is likely that one of us will move so I will let you know how that turns out.

I love you guys. Have a good week. Please express my love to grandma and grandpa.

Mike:
It is 2am- good night. Now that I know you got the letter and know what is going on, I will be able to sleep. Grandma had a great day today. She was singing songs with us that we used to sing on trips. Terry and Joan and some kids, Kevin and Becky, Lee, Mom and I and Judd and Jessie were all there visiting with her. She said it was a lot of fun.

Good thing I waited for your letter this week. Have a great week, I love you.

Chris:
OK, you have a great week too. I love you, take good care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment