Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 7th Letter

Ok, Dear mom and dad,

So this is going to be a short letter for sure because I might have to go soon. Turns out that I am moving today, and my new companion will be Elder Shipley. You probably remember that I was with him a lot in Thonburi because Elder King went home early. Yeah we are now going to be companions in a place called Bang Bua Thong. It should be pretty sweet. The only problem is that Bang Bua Thong is one of the areas that is currently evacuated because of the flood. So I will be going and spending a week or two up in Lampang first. That is up in the northern part of Thailand. I doubt I will be there that long before I come back to Bang Bua Thong. That area is right above Bangkok, and it touches Thonburi. That will be a fun area I think; however, I think i will probably be a pretty slow start because there hasn't been anyone working in that zone now for 3-4 weeks. It will be like opening a new zone. I'm kind of excited even though I didn't really want to go.

As for this week I really don't have a lot to talk about because we didn't do a whole lot. We just taught the people we have and tried to find a couple of new investigators. We kind of had something cool happen though. We have been teaching these two Old missionaries from a different christian sect, and we got them to attend church this past Sunday. It was there first time not going to their church in forever. I think that they are dissatisfied with somethings that are going on in their church so they are more and more open to our church every day. Also this week, Eaw was confirmed. She gets along great with the members. She already has a part in the christmas program that will be going on here. I think the ward is doing a great job with fellowshipping the investigators here. It has changed so much since when I first came. The ward really likes the missionaries now.

As for the other two elders in those pictures they are the two other elders in srinakarin. They are Elder Hess and Elder Patterson. Elder Hess is from Tremonton, Utah and Elder Patterson is from Arizona somewhere small. We didn't do a whole ton of service this week but we did spend a whole day helping with those 10000 blankets. We had to unpack them, put church fliers with them, pack them back up, and then load on to trucks and stuff. That was cool and fun. There was a KSL news reporter that came to do a report on it she was taking some video. Maybe if you look hard enough you might see a video of us doing the blankets on KSL.

Anyway I'm sorry this one is short but I have some packing to do, I need to leave in about 2 hours. I love you guys. Have a good week. Dad, I hope you your back gets feeling better. And mom, I hope you aren't too sore from doing the table. If it is any consolation I got pretty sore from doing those sand bags so I know how you feel.

Talk to you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment