Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 21st Letter

Hello family.

Well this week was not as interesting as last week. I just spent my whole in the Elder’s house next to the mission office. We went on splits with them so we were able to do missionary work, and that was fun. I went 5 days in a row without teaching a lesson so it was a nice break to go out and talk about the gospel again. It seems weird but when you aren't teaching (even though you may be very busy doing service) you still feel very lazy.

I guess I will tell you a little about the service I did two days ago. This time I got to get up close and personal with the flood. We took a bunch food kits and packed them on boats and then went around on the boats handing them out to the people who are stuck in their houses. It was pretty different riding boats down the road where you usually ride cars. I got to see a lot of different people that where experience extreme hardships. I think the service will be a good thing because where we did that is my area right now. So, when we can go back out and find these people after the waters go down, I think they will be really interested in the gospel after they saw the service that we did. I can't wait to see the results of that.

This last Sunday we went to church in my area, It is called Bang Bua Thong(in case you can't remember). Anyway, there were only 14 people at church, 5 investigators, 2 missionaries, the branch president and about 8 kids. Elder Shipley lost his voice so I got to say both the prayers on the bread and water. We didn't have any speakers or anything, it was everyone’s very favorite kind of sacrament meeting – one that is only 20 minutes long, jealous? While we were in our area for the last two days we went and looked at our apartment to see if it was flooded. It turns out our apartment is like an island. Everywhere is flooded except for within 100 meters of our house. So we decided to go and move back in today, I'm pretty excited. I will be right in the middle of the flood, but still dry. It will be way easier to go out and serve people too because they will be closer. So I told you that I was going to tell you want I needed in my package today but it turns out that the things I need, I kind of need them today – like gym clothes and what not, you know, things I can go out and work in. I don't really think I need you to send me anything, but I think I will take that money out of the account. Don't be surprised if I do that, but don't worry I will be frugal.

Dad I want you to ask Brady if he knows an Elder Adam Bradshaw. He either served a mission in 2006 or finished in 2006, but I think it was around the same time period as Brady. Anyway, this guy is now living in Thailand teaching English. (he is the guy that planned that service activity in the boats), and we had some time to talk to him. It turns out that he is inactive, more than that he says he doesn't really believe anymore. He is a really nice guy, I just can't figure out how this happened, he was only a missionary 5 years ago. Anyway I was just wondering if Brady knew him?

As for the questions about the zone. The only person in my zone I think you guys will remember is elder Lesueur. And it is a lot of fun having him around, but he is trunky so it makes me kind of trunky. Anyway right now our zone is the 2nd largest, we have a lot of people in our zone. The only problem is right now most of them are working in other people’s areas or zones. But I think everyone will be back to their own area and what not within the next week or so. That will be good.

This Thanksgiving we will be spending it with the Gibbons family. Elder Shipley and I and 12 other missionaries, I'm pretty excited. Elder Shipley and I want to get them to do a turkey bowl, but we are not sure we can get that passed off by President Smith, but it will be worth a shot. I 'm sure he will just laugh at us. I hope they have real turkey. I really want a good thanksgiving dinner.

Anyway, I can't really tell if this is a short letter or a long one but I think this is all I have. I love you guys. Thanks for your letters. I have lots of pictures but I'm not sure if I can send them this week, if not hopefully next.

Movies: Home Alone and I don't know maybe The 6th Sense. I have no Idea what the theme is.

No comments:

Post a Comment