Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4th Letter

Hello family,

Ok, so I have a few things that would like to share. That scripture in D&C (121:7) is one of my all time favorites, no lie! Elder Holland gave a great devotional while he was president at BYU, at least I think it was him I can't remember exactly, about the lessons we all can learn from Joseph Smith’s imprisonment at Liberty Jail. It is way good, if you have some time you should look that up. I also like the promise in D&C 61:36 because of what it says is, "What I say unto ONE, I say unto ALL." That is the lord telling us himself to liken the scriptures unto ourselves. And then it goes on to say how he is with us and hasn't forsaken us. I think they both go hand in hand. We can endure anything because of the knowledge that we have. We know that Christ is with us always, no matter what. Anyway, I have some great stories about some members in Nong Khai that have truly endured hardships, and the only thing that got them through was their faith. I'm not exactly sure right now how to explain it to you, but I will write it out during the next week and then send it in my next email, sound good?

As for this week, it was way long, once again inviting all week. But, it was cool this week because we found some new families, and even more importantly than that, we are teaching some part-member families. They are so good. The next time we go and see them we are giving like 10 people baptismal dates. It is so sweet. I guess the awful weeks pay off. I have a little bit of bad news, remember me telling you about สมยศ, he was the one that was trying to quit smoking, and wanted to take a week break. Yeah he told us last Monday that he wasn't ready to learn anymore. He wanted to be done for good. That is so awful. He was my very first investigator in Thailand. I thought for sure he was going to get baptized. Hopefully he still will.

We had something else that was pretty cool this week. It was a special training in Udon. President Smith came up and trained our zone how to teach better. Apparently he has seen our numbers and thought we needed some help, it was a way good lesson. It helped Elder Blaustein and I out a lot! Some other news came out of that training too. President Smith is a Liberal. Can you believe that? In the white hand book it specifically says that missionaries are not to talk about politics, but at this training, there was a way heated discussion between the president and Elder Anderson. Elder Anderson is from Delta, Utah, so you know he is a hardcore conservative. It was way funny, both of them were upset. It got to the point where one of the sister missionaries told them both to knock it off. NO lie, I thought that sister missionary was pretty gutsy to tell the mission president to knock it off. Anywho, it turns out that President Smith is a hardcore Obama fan, who would of thunk it?

Alright, to answer your question about the Ice cream and my lactose intolerance – After the things that I have been eating for the last 4 months, my stomach is already destroyed. I have probably joined with all the other missionaries here in having worms. I love it, it doesn't matter what I eat or how it goes in, it all comes out the same way.

Last week sizzler and bowling was awesome, I loved it. It was way cool to hang out with the other missionaries and do something fun. We don't have any bowling allies or anything like that up here in the boonies. So it was fun to see civilization.

Thanks for all the information about general conference. I think we are going to print some of the talks off today if they are online so we can read them throughout the week. I'm really excited for next week’s weekend, it should be pretty exciting. I watched a devotional yesterday with the branch that was really good, and quite funny. It was a young single adult fireside, which was weird because the elders were the only two there that were in that age group everyone else was like 50+.

That really blows about BYU, I hope they get it together and finish strong. They need to do something good if they are going to keep their contracts when they go independent. I'm way sad that USU beat them. That is downright pathetic. I also saw that IND. Lost, what happened and how did Collie do?

Anywho, I think I got all your questions and concerns except for the green thing. Yes it is a long bean. I had something I wanted to ask for too, in a future package. I want a shrunken Preach My Gospel. A lot of the missionaries here have them and they are way handy when you go to zone conference or trainings. So if you could look at something like that, I don't think they make them I think you have to go and have them shrunk. If that is possible I sure would like one.

I'm also glad I heard from mom today too. I am glad you are back at work and everything is going well. Keep up the good work with your knee. I know you will be back to 100% in no time. I had an idea I wanted to see what you thought. I was thinking about getting a shirt from each one of my areas that says something about the area, what do you think or should I do something a bit more creative? Let me know. Word is I’m leaving Nong Khai next Wednesday so I suppose I have to start thinking about this stuff.

Anywho I hope you all have a great week. I love you and appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment