Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18th Letter

Hello,

So yeah, I didn't get moved! I kind of wanted to because Nong Khai is really small and when you are in a small area for a very long time you start to feel like you have invited everyone, but that is ok. Not very many elders get the opportunity to stay in Nong Khai 6 months and I will, which is kind of cool. I did get a new companion however. His name is Elder Nelson, he is from Las Vegas, Nevada. I have yet to have a companion from Utah, and over 60 percent of the mission is from Utah. One day I will get somebody. This one is going to be a little difficult. I have loved all my companions so far, but this one is very hard to get along with. He has been in the country for one month longer than I have. This does have a positive side, we are both experiencing new things together. He is really focused on being P (sr. companion) and doesn't want me to forget it. This is too bad because up until this point he hasn't led a lesson in his mission, and I have. When we teach he looks at me to know what to do instead of vice versa, and then after the lesson talks about how awesome he did and how I need to be more like him. I am a little glad that I know I won’t be here for more than 6 weeks. I know I can be nice and loving for that long. It is a lot different than with Elder Blaustein. He and I were always on even ground. I really did feel like brothers with him. Oh well everyone gets it at least once on their mission, right?



So I was under the impression that you guys were talking this Sunday. I was excited to hear how you did. I guess I will have to wait until next p-day. T he suspense is killing me. Are you going to send your talks? I loved dad’s talk that he gave at that funeral. It was way forward. I have noticed that since I have become a missionary I am a lot more forward. I am not afraid to call people to repentance (lovingly of course). But I loved how straight forward it was. I am glad that people told you they liked it. It was way good. I also liked that little story about Esther from mom. That is a way sweet story, one of my favorite from the Old Testament. I don't study it too much because it is hard to share Old Testament with Thai people. But that is one of the best in my opinion, I'm glad you like it too. How did your class respond? It sounds like everything is going well at home. It is pretty cool that you guys bought some toys for ไรลี่ (Riley's name in Thai) I can't believe he is close to walking; I really can't believe it has been more than a year since he was born. I really can't believe he will be over two when I get home. Boy time really does fly by now.


I really just don't have a lot more to tell you. This week was good. We should have a couple of baptisms coming up. I hope they will happen while I am here, but I will tell you more about those when they happen.

I was thinking about what I wanted as a treat. To be honest I don't know. But two things couldn't hurt, Yoohoo and burnt peanuts. I don't know why but I have really been craving those for the last little while. So that would be pretty sweet. I also thought of something else I could use but if it is a hassle that is ok. I broke that clear cover case on my ipod, and I think I would like a new one. If it isn't too much of a hassle. I would like that. I did get the last package, and I am loving the suckers, that was brilliant. If you just wanted to send those I wouldn't complain. Definitely my most favorite candy, ever!!! I think the shirt is sweet. I don't have a lot of time to wear it but I definitely will today (p-day). Thank you so much for everything.

No, I forgot to write Bennet and TJ, I'm terrible I'm sorry. It is just hard to write more than one letter, and I only write on p-days. I will try way harder to write them.

I love you all. Good luck next Sunday, you'll do great.



No comments:

Post a Comment