Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Friday, September 24, 2010

September 20th Letter

Hello family.

I'm glad to hear everyone is still doing well. That is way good that mom is back home. It sounds like you guys have all had a busy week, that is good. I have noticed that when you have a busy week the time goes by much faster. It is too bad that everyone was sick. It just means you guys are just spending too much time around each other, but you will start feeling better in not very long for sure. I guess I can take this time to answer a few of the questions. No I didn't have time last week to write Bennet, so today is the day. I have not eaten dancing shrimp, yet. But อีกไม่นาน it will happen. My companion came from a family where his mom and sister are members, that is all, but he is pretty sure his dad will get baptized when he gets home. He, my companion played football for Greeneville college in Illinois, and California Lutheran university, he played strong safety. He has been on his mission for 11 movies, which is about15 months, I think. He says he knows the school that JJ played for but he never met him.

That is way sweet about Lee and TJ. I was hoping both of them would go to foreign missions but I know they will love where ever they go - everyone does! That is crazy how soon TJ goes in to the MTC, I had to wait so long - lucky kid. I hope that my package gets to you guys before he leaves, I might have put something in there for him. I didn't put anything in there for Lee, he will have to forgive me. โอกาสหน้า

So this week was way fun. We started it out by having that mission tour thing, it was way sweet. It was pretty much like any other zone conference except with a general authority there, and it was like 6 hours long, but I learned a lot. We had some time at the end to ask him questions. I asked some questions about the Spirit, I learned a lot. Then Elder Blaustein and I came back and had a regular week. It was good, but way hot. It actually hasn't rained at all since last Monday. It has been pretty warm. I'm not sure what I prefer, being wet from rain or from sweat. Either way, I'm always wet!

About that investigator, we didn't teach him at all this last week but we have an appointment for Wednesday. I will be visiting him with our zone leader because it is a switch off day, I'm way stoked. We are going to tell him everything that you said pretty much. I know he is ready for baptism, we just have to help him see it too, but eventually he'll come around.

Last night was pretty cool too. I think I told you about our Branch President that lives in America, well President Smith called a new one 2 weeks ago. His name is brother เสือ (tiger) He is a return missionary (Thai of coarse), he is only 26. He is such an amazing member of the church. He was a branch president once when he was a missionary, so he understands how things are supposed to work, it is great. And he works for the church. He is head of the CES in Thailand, cool huh. Anyway, last night I went on switch offs with him to help him learn the area because he is from Udon, it was way fun.

Something else that we did this week that might be worth mentioning. We arranged to have a ping pong table in our house. Yes, that is right, a ping pong table. How sweet is that? Nights are so much fun. We always play a game to 6 to see who gets to pray, it is sweet. We are probably the best companion ship ever to be together.

So yeah, that is really all that I have today. Thank you for sending a package, what is in it? Oh p.s. in a future package (not urgent) I would like an oil container for consecrated oil. I don't have one, and that is becoming a necessity. People keep asking us for blessings, luckily my companion is prepared with oil.

Anyway I love you all, Have a good week and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment