Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Friday, September 24, 2010

September 13th Letter

Hi.

Ok wow, I don't have a whole lot of news today. This past week has been one of the faster ones on my mission. I can’t believe that it is already Monday. But in answer to your questions, yes my companion and I have eaten at all new places. We have only eaten at the same place once, and that is because we didn't have any breakfast food, so we went out for breakfast, it was so good. It was an American food place so we got the whole shebang, eggs toast, sausage!!! It was sweet, not to mention they happened to have a TV on that was playing American baseball. And just my luck, it happened to be the Yankees, however, we only get a half hour for breakfast so I didn't really see a whole lot. Oh well.

Yes, I have thought about your idea about getting something in each place. But I am having a hard time finding something that will remind me of Nong Khai. I am keeping my eyes out. I did send a package home to you guys. I sent it by boat, so it will be there in 2 months. I sent my memory card home with all 700 of the pictures/videos I have taken, some stuff for people, and also I have a manila envelope full of letters that I have gotten and a manila envelope full of stuff that I thought you could use in my scrap book (if you are still keeping one). It all has meaning so don't throw it away. You will notice some money in the envelope, it is Laotian money, and it was given to me by the man with gold outside his house. It is a way funny story. Hopefully when I get home I will still remember it.

As for the weather here: If it isn't wet and raining it is way hot and humid, but I love it. I know if Maren were to go down to Florida she will love it too. I'm sure this winter I will miss the snow, but the weather here is always so interesting, I have grown to love it. The heat doesn't even bother me anymore. Unless I’m out doing exercise or riding my bike for a long time, I don't even sweat.

This past week I have been thinking about Lee and TJ. I'm glad they have both done their papers. This is such a huge step, I know they will both have so much fun. I really do hope one of them gets called here. I know it is seriously unlikely, but I guess it could happen. As for my other friends, I'm convinced I don't have any – just kidding. Tazia has been writing me and Becca and Ashley, but that is it. I guess it is probably my fault, I haven't written a whole ton of people. I just have too much fun with the companions I’m with, I can't afford to waste time writing.

I have one experience to share this week. It isn't really spiritual but it is kind of a bummer. We went to go teach สมยศ yesterday, he is our investigator that has been progressing really well. He has quit everything but smoking and he goes to church weekly. We have been visiting him twice a week since my first week here, in fact, he was my first lesson in Thailand. Yesterday he told us that he wants to take a week off from everything to be by himself and think things through. We were like, “I don't think it is going to help you to stop learning from us, but it is up to you.” Is it wrong to hope something bad happens, just for humbling purposes? Anyway that isn't really that bad. I was just hoping that he would continue to progress like he was. I'll let you know next week how that went.

Anyway I think that is all for today. I just want you to know that everything is going great here, I am loving it. Today we are going down to Khon Gaen because tomorrow we are hearing from Elder Perkins. He is Asian Area Seventy, I'm way excited. I'm glad everything is good at home too.

Have a good week, I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment