Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 5th Letter

Alright, so I got your letter today. I thought I'd start off with that. It takes about 2 weeks before I would get it up in Nong Khai. I got it earlier because I am down in Bangkok today. This weekend has been very long. We started off on Friday at 3:30 hiring a van to take us down to a place called Koong Khean (I think that is how you spell it in English) We then stayed in a hotel there with the rest of our zone. That was wicked awesome because it was nice to finally be around some other Missionaries. It is lonely up in Nong Khai. We then had zone conference all day Saturday and then took the three our van ride back. The roads in Thailand are very bumpy too so it was less then enjoyable; however, we persevered. We finished out the night there with a couple of lessons and then President Smith came up and interviewed us in his hotel.

Side note, President Smith is a great guy. He reminds me a lot of you, dad. He is a very fun loving man that is strong in his beliefs. He tries to help everyone out even if it is just by saying something to lift you up. He is a very firm believer in the statement: "When something isn't working, change it!" He is changing everything around the mission all the time. He knows that different areas need different things and same with missionaries, so he works around everybody’s needs. He is an out of the box kind of person. It was really fun having him at church. He gave a great talk telling all the members that they need to make goals to go to the temple, and then make a plan to reach them. He talked about how the temple builds spiritual strength and if they want a temple in Thailand then they need to try and become endowed.

Back to my weekend, we had church Sunday and had to do tithing and all after, then send the tithing, and confirm people to callings - it was pretty hectic. But when all was said and done we had a couple of lessons that night and then had to get on a bus and 8:00 pm to come to Bangkok. So we slept on the bus. And we spent the day down here with another companionship that also had to renew visas (that is why we are down here, Elder Greene's visa was almost out) and we travel home tonight 8:30 pm... Another night on a bus, Yay! It will feel good to be able to sleep in my bed and not worry about going anywhere or doing anything extravagant.

We haven't had a lot of time to see the family that was showing some progress but we have continually kept calling them so they can stay focused. I think that will be good. We found another potential family on Saturday so I'm really happy about that. The guys name Is "Moo"... which translates over as Pork (i know go figure).

We also had 4 investigators at church. It was sweet. Somyod came and really enjoyed it. He went on line and got the music to some hymns and started playing them on his guitar. He is doing so great. We are going to give him a hymnbook tomorrow. Also Yo and Jid (the couple that was supposed to get married) THEY DID! They are being interviewed on Saturday! How awesome is that?

I'm Glad to hear about mom’s progress. It was also nice to get an email too! It is good to hear that everyone is taking really good care of her. I'm also glad that Aunt Leslee is home. That will be really fun for the two of them to have each other’s company. I really enjoy getting this stuff it helps so much. I don’t get to communicate a lot because I don't speak the language and nobody speaks English so sometimes I feel pretty excluded.

I am also getting the feeling that my companion thinks I am lame. He is the typical male and I am... not. He doesn't listen to me very often, probably because I am a greenie and everyone thinks we don't know anything. But, that is kind of hard to deal with. It is also hard to state that you have a problem with something when you need him to be able to do anything. I love Elder Greene but I feel that I have no input. Hopefully that will get better. I think the lord is trying to teach me patience and perseverance. I definitely think this will help me grow.

I love hearing about all dad’s mission experiences. It is a great boost to helping me continue on in my missionary work. If you have more stories please continue to share them. They are a big help.

Alright I don't think there is anything else. I love you all. Keep taking care of my mother. And good luck at work and with everything dad. Happy 4th of July! Yesterday...

P.S. I need to learn how to play the ukulele. I have one at the house and it is a great use of time on p-day, so if in my next letter, you wanted to send the cord information in an attachment, I wouldn't complain. Or some books in a package wouldn't be terrible either. Tell Maren I got her letter I will write her back on the bus so she should expect one in about 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment