Christian's Mailing Address

If you are sending a package, only use the U.S. Postal Service, either by regular Air Mail or Priority Mail. Any other way will cause Christian to pay a very large duty.

Elder Chrisian Leslie Warner
Thailand Bangkok Mission
50/829-832 Muang Thong Thani
Chaengwatana Road, T. Ban Mai
A Pakkret
Nonthaburi 11120
Thailand


Bang Bua Thong, Bangkok, Thailand
Christian has received his 1st assignment - Northern Thailand on the Laos border. Christian has moved from Nong Khai to Samut Prakan (area of Bangkok), moved to Thonburi (still in Bangkok), moved cross town to Sinakarin. Transferred to Bang Bua Thong (currently evacuated due to flooding). Will be living in Lampang until floods are gone.

Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9th Letter (8/9/10)

Note from Mike - Updated pictures on his other blog

Dear mom and dad.

I would like to start by saying rude. Mom has surgery, and still can muster up the energy to write me. Dad doesn't have surgery, but no letter, SAD!!! You better have been busy taking care of my mother.

So this week I don't have a whole lot to respond to but luckily I brought my camera so I will take the time to send some pictures. To answer some of your questions mom, every night I hang up my clothes in side to let them dry, and then put them on and go get wet. At first I thought it was kind of fun being wet all the time, but now I do not enjoy it. It is hard to find people to teach when it rains because everyone goes inside and doesn't want to visit with us. Plus it is cold, but no worries, we will overcome. I have some cool pictures of the road being all flooded because of the rain. There is so much water on the roads that fish swim around in it, it is way cool. Elephants – the place with elephants is up in Chaing Mai, But there is one elephant that walks along the river everyday. So I see it almost everyday, it is way cool too. I can’t wait for an opportunity to ride one.

Ok so I just got a letter from dad. It was weird you must have been on at the exact moment that I was on – cool huh?

I'm glad to hear mom is doing a little better the last few days than the first few. I know that in no time you will be back to running around, but more comfortably this time. Anywho, yes i liked that story from your mission. Some things are just plain stupid, but it is all part of the experience. I love it. I wouldn't change this for the world.

I will share one experience I had this week that was way awesome, and then a funny story.

We were teaching this recent convert her name is sister (jiab), her husband has been a member about a year now. He is a Laotian, but he lived in England for about 30 years. He was there when you were there dad! Cool little fact. He speaks great English also. Anywho, as we were going to their house to teach we decided to share the Proclamation on the Family thing. As we were finishing up she told us that her husband and son haven't been getting along, and she has been praying for something that would help recognize how important family is. She said this lesson was her answer. I was the answer to someone’s prayer. It was kind of a humbling experience. This new member had enough faith to pray for the help, and the Lord blessed her through us, and really blessed us to be able to convey the right message. It was a very nice experience.

The funny story might not come off as funny, I'm not sure, but we laughed ourselves sick almost. As we were riding our bikes yesterday, a white guy on a little scooter pulled up along side us and then pointed his hand at us (in the shape of a gun) and then said "Bang, Bang!" "I shot you both!" And then sped off! It was way funny. The white people here really don't like us. But this was very random and unexpected. It brightened our whole night.

I think that is about it. Oh but I remember one thing, I taught my first lesson by myself this week. I took one of the members, his name is Brother Troy. He is about our age, and we went and taught a lesson while Elder Greene was in a Branch Presidency meeting. It was so cool, but I was wicked nervous. I did pretty well I think. We went back last night and taught him again, he had been reading in the Book of Mormon and he understood everything that I taught the time before so it was cool.

And I saw a picture of Bennet and Megan in this months ensign, it is on page 32. The column is called mutually benefited. It is a way old picture but you should tell their parents, I laughed a little bit.

Anywho, I love you all I appreciate your love and support. Mom, get feeling better. Dad I hope this next week at work will be more สบาย (great). I'm sure it will.

Tell Maren I have not yet received a letter but it will probably come this next week sometime. They take about 2-3 weeks to get here. Lame, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Way cool that he sees that elephant everyday. It seems to strange to just have the walking around. lol I think the story of the guy shooting them with his finger gun is hysterical. You could just feel the love. lol

    ReplyDelete